Home

NCAA Basketball 09 Patch Available For PS3, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 09 Patch Available For PS3, Impressions Here within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-26-2008, 12:11 PM   #41
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Patch (PS3) already available 5:10AM EST

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnelson32
I realize that the actual tournament isn't part of the game, but by looking at teams schedules other tournament games are in as regular games. My main point is that I'm not seeing the Maui, NIT or Puerto Rico tourneys in dynasty mode.
actually im pretty sure the NIT is in the game. yea i saw it when i ran a test sim with St. Johns
MLB: New York Yankees

Last edited by Scoop 24; 11-26-2008 at 12:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2008, 12:19 PM   #42
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

NIT is in the game. I noticed it this morning when simming a season.

I never realized there was a Tournament Selection Show with bracket breakdown in this game. There isn't any commentary or talking heads, but it's still very clean and nice looking. Pretty cool.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:49 PM   #43
Rookie

jnelson32's Arena

OVR: 3

I think I'm onto something here or I'm on something. My mistake, I do see the tournaments are in dynasty, but only if you're playing as a team that's in that specified tourney. I started a season with Purdue and the NIT was in, but no other tourney. I then started with Indiana and the Maui Invitational was in, but no other tourney. I play as Minnesota so that's why I didn't see any tourneys during the regular season. This to me is far from authentic scheduling. Is this something that was completely missed by EA?
Old 11-26-2008, 01:10 PM   #44
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

I don't really mean to rile everyone up here, but why is there so much complaining about trivial matters that don't effect the gameplay?

I'm sure there will be some small deviations from authentic schedules due to liscensing issues, and I am sure there may be some quirks in recruiting logic- are these really game killing issues?

Sorry again, but it just seems that people do nothing but complain on these forums about the smallest of things.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:29 PM   #45
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
I don't really mean to rile everyone up here, but why is there so much complaining about trivial matters that don't effect the gameplay?

I'm sure there will be some small deviations from authentic schedules due to liscensing issues, and I am sure there may be some quirks in recruiting logic- are these really game killing issues?

Sorry again, but it just seems that people do nothing but complain on these forums about the smallest of things.
I don't think anyone is calling things gamekillers, just pointing out things they wish were fixed/tweaked/added/omitted/whatever.

If we don't voice our opinions on whats wrong, then how will Sean and his crew know what we want fixed for next year?

Also, people bring up these topics so they are discussed. Maybe someone doesn't noticed something, comes on here and "complains" and then another member points them in the right direction or for the lack of a better phrase "sets them straight".

This is a place to openly discuss the game whether it be in praise or concern. So long as no one is simply bashing the game for the sake of trolling, then I don't see the harm.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2008, 01:35 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 4

Still no 360 patch?
Old 11-26-2008, 01:38 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by arca
Hello everyone

I live in Europe and i have no access to PSN US.

If my PS3 linked with Internet, Is the new patch dowload automatically when i start my PS3??

Help and Thanks

I have the game and live in Europe (Greece).
Everything went fine, and the patch got downloaded easily...
so don't worry

I would like to say that in general NCAA 09 is a very nice game! But i still have personal issues with the gameplay as it is tough to play NBA 2k9 and NCAA 09 at the same time. Unfortunately, I've gotten used to the 2k gameplay and I can't enjoy the game to the max.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:38 PM   #48
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnelson32
I think I'm onto something here or I'm on something. My mistake, I do see the tournaments are in dynasty, but only if you're playing as a team that's in that specified tourney. I started a season with Purdue and the NIT was in, but no other tourney. I then started with Indiana and the Maui Invitational was in, but no other tourney. I play as Minnesota so that's why I didn't see any tourneys during the regular season. This to me is far from authentic scheduling. Is this something that was completely missed by EA?
So in otherwords, the tourneys are only in if you are using a team that's playing in one of them, and it's only that specific tournament included in the dynasty? So how are they filling the schedule spots for the teams playing in other tournaments?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »