Home

NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-25-2008, 03:29 AM   #417
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
I really thought 2k had superior graphics, but now I see what people are talking about when they say 2k looks a bit cartoony. Good call Behindshadows on this one.

Ball/Rim Physics -

I still love this game though. The more I play, the more I get used to the feel of it, the more I enjoy it.
I was with you all the way up to this point. unless your talking ch2k8.... cuz 2k9 is all over this, matter of fact live is even over this. the graphics are good, but not nearly as polished and detailed as either above mentioned. solid, solid game though.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:34 AM   #418
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdribbles25
I was with you all the way up to this point. unless your talking ch2k8.... cuz 2k9 is all over this, matter of fact live is even over this. the graphics are good, but not nearly as polished and detailed as either above mentioned. solid, solid game though.
He is comparing it College game vs College Game....don't bring the NBA in the equation it doesn't count. Considering the NBA games have player licenses and are suppose to make every player look like the real people.

Not to mention the college games are all generic models to mimic real players but not close enough for a lawsuit.

Don't find fault in what he is saying because he's right. NCAA 09 graphics are killing 2k8's! Hell you want to get technical. March Madness 08's detail was better than 2k8!

I know everytime you boot it up JT you be like lol

Last edited by Behindshadows; 11-25-2008 at 03:39 AM.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:46 AM   #419
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
He is comparing it College game vs College Game....don't bring the NBA in the equation it doesn't count. Considering the NBA games have player licenses and are suppose to make every player look like the real people.

Not to mention the college games are all generic models to mimic real players but not close enough for a lawsuit.

Don't find fault in what he is saying because he's right. NCAA 09 graphics are killing 2k8's! Hell you want to get technical. March Madness 08's detail was better than 2k8!

I know everytime you boot it up JT you be like lol
While the graphics may be better, the movement of players in EA's b-ball games are horrendous. Not natural at all.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:02 AM   #420
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan21
While the graphics may be better, the movement of players in EA's b-ball games are horrendous. Not natural at all.
The jumpshots all look generic and unnatural and take some getting used to.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:06 AM   #421
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan21
they are a lot better than they used to be. Again, I can't make comparisons to the other game as I've never played it, but judging from last year to this year, they are a big improvement.

With that said, they still need work, especially some of the animations.(jumpshots, funky shooting animations when shot has been altered..etc..)

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2008, 09:18 AM   #422
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdribbles25
Yeah, I was talking CH 2k8. I think NBA 2k9 looks fantastic! I was strictly comparing the college games.....but as BS said, the NBA games have an unfair advantage because of the licenses. But NCAA 09 generics look better than CH's generics...the authentic courts look alot better than CH's courts, and its not even close.

Now the animations and transition between animations in NCAA 09 ....thats another story. 2k is still the king when it comes to that. I really wish the Ball/rim physics were better in NCAA....it seems I rarely get anything more than a swish or a brick.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:48 AM   #423
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I don't think I'm going to be able to wait til Dec 4th to start a dynasty. If I start one tonight I'll probably be finished with my first season by Dec 4th!

Fake schedule, here we come.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-25-2008, 09:53 AM   #424
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I don't think I'm going to be able to wait til Dec 4th to start a dynasty. If I start one tonight I'll probably be finished with my first season by Dec 4th!

Fake schedule, here we come.
thats what I did. I mean, after the first season its all generic anyways. Plus due to the omission of many in season tournaments and smaller schools omitted, authentic schedules aren't so authentic anymore.

I was able to get UofL's non-conference schedule close to the real thing. I am playing @WKU, @Minnesota, and @Ole Miss since they were all neutral site games and Ricky P decided we needed the Duke treatment where its either home or neutral site until January.

The conference schedule is correct in that you play 3 teams twice in the Big East. I am playing Marquette, Seton Hall and Rutgers twice this year.

The only problem I have is that its impossible to get smaller schools to play you when you're a top dog team. So my advice would be leave the 2 or 3 cupcakes on your schedule that it automatically gives you and schedule around them. Because its difficult to get one back on your schedule.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »