Home

NCAA Basketball 09 - A Second Opinion

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 09 - A Second Opinion within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-21-2008, 06:14 PM   #57
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NCAA Basketball 09 - A Second Opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
do you even know what you're talking about, because I sure don't. All I said was that I'm sorry you disliked the game. What facts do I need to get straight?

Wanna be game tester? No not really, I'd rather play the games and continue to work at the job I currently have.

Defending EA? Have you always had issues with reading comprehension or is this something new?

3 posts and this is what you come up with. My guess is that you're a previously banned user or you're just an ignorant, gutless, wanna be tough internet guy, son of a bitch that has nothing better to do than troll an internet forum. Hell, maybe you're both. But in any event, congratulations, I'm sure you're parents are proud of the piece of sh!t you've turned out to be.
Old 11-21-2008, 07:36 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am an old school basketball gamer. Lakers vs. Celtics; Bulls vs. Lakers; Bulls vs. Blazers; NBA Showtime; and who can forget the timeless classic "Coach K Basketball"? I have been an EA supporter until recent years. I can honestly say 2K sports has had a strangle-hold on the basketball video gaming market since NBA 2K on the Dreamcast. Last year's College Hoops 2K8 captured my love for the game like only Coack K had done. I thought in impossible and vowed to not give EA a chance ever again. Make no mistake this is no Coach K, but it is good. The developers have done a great job of adjusting the Live 09 game engine to simulate the college basketball experience. I will use my game from last night as an example. I was playing as Davidson went up against Duke. I move Stefan Curry over to the point guard position before the game to work him in the pick and roll from the tip. While he did a great job of finding the open man and not turning over the ball (which was one of my game focuses), he struggled with his shot off of the dribble. He was 1 of 6 from the 3 pt line in the 1st half; mainly from creating his own shot off the dribble. The Duke's aggressive man-to-man had him bottled up at the point. In the 2nd half, I switched him to the 2 guard spot and I could not believe my eyes. Even when I didn't run a set play, Curry could be clearly seen running off baseline screens and curling off of off-ball back picks. He ended shooting 5-9 from 3-pt land in the 2nd half (6-15 for the entire game) including his final long range shot with 12 seconds on the clock to put us ahead for the win. Not to mention the quickstrike moves are executed way more seamlessly than in it's "older brother" counterpart (Live 09) as well as the fluid player movements. Little subtlties like that explain why this game has once again captured my attention and has we anxiously awaiting "clock-out" time at work to go home and run another game. Please understand, by no means am I saying this is a perfect game or without flaw; but I am saying it is a winner for the hard-core basketball sim gamer as well as basketball fan.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:25 PM   #59
Rookie

seanhazz1's Arena

OVR: 5
It seems to me that those who are bashing NCAA 09 assume that a "DEMO" of a game includes all the features, bells, and whistles of a final product.
Spend your hard earned money any way you want, but to come into a forum and bash a game you (a) don't own, (b), never played, and (c) have no real knowledge about makes you seem hired to do the bashing, by the floundering TAKE TWO company (their stock has plummeted since refusing the EA offer) as a last gasp before they go under.

The reviewer gave an honest opinion, posted here for those who may have been on the fence about buying the game, not for those who already had their mind made up since 2003.

Those that say NBA 2K9 and CHOOPS 2K8 are the pinnacle of sports hoops to date must enjoy:
..... being able to exploit the CPU and players with known trap glitching, out of bounds stealing, continuous clipping issues, corrupted league files, frequent 2K server disconnects and down times, warping players, lack of online dynasty, players who have Jordan-like skills even though their ratings say drastically different, or no fatigue in online play.

I played 20 dynasty seasons in CHOOPS 2K8, and I can't even take that game seriously because I just like this game more...to the point I've already traded in NBA 2K9 because I won't play it anymore.

The llow of the game is much more college-like than any hoops game I've played before it since Coach K.

Those on the fence, read the review 2-3 more times and let it sink in, but ultimately you'll have to play for yourself to actually decide for yourself.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:27 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
do you even know what you're talking about, because I sure don't. All I said was that I'm sorry you disliked the game. What facts do I need to get straight?

Wanna be game tester? No not really, I'd rather play the games and continue to work at the job I currently have.

Defending EA? Have you always had issues with reading comprehension or is this something new?

3 posts and this is what you come up with. My guess is that you're a previously banned user or you're just an ignorant, gutless, wanna be tough internet guy, son of a bitch that has nothing better to do than troll an internet forum. Hell, maybe you're both. But in any event, congratulations, I'm sure you're parents are proud of the piece of sh!t you've turned out to be.
Damn son, didn't you get enough from the first round countryboy? Your fairy-like comeback is barely worthy of my time, but for my amusement I'm going to say this once. If you even think that EA is compareable to 2k than that's almost as big of a joke as your job, which probably involves stroking a shaft... FAGGGG!!!
Old 11-21-2008, 09:56 PM   #61
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfree
Damn son, didn't you get enough from the first round countryboy? Your fairy-like comeback is barely worthy of my time, but for my amusement I'm going to say this once. If you even think that EA is compareable to 2k than that's almost as big of a joke as your job, which probably involves stroking a shaft... FAGGGG!!!

Can you show me where I said that EA was better than 2k? Go ahead, I'll wait.

And I'm the fagg? I'm not the one having these fantasies about another man swinging from or stroking a dick.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2008, 10:04 PM   #62
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

The troll should be gone soon enough
Old 11-21-2008, 10:52 PM   #63

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Can you show me where I said that EA was better than 2k? Go ahead, I'll wait.

And I'm the fagg? I'm not the one having these fantasies about another man swinging from or stroking a dick.
No he was calling you a bundle of sticks.

Now me I personally do not understand the joke, I mean what is so funny about a bundle of sticks?
Old 11-21-2008, 10:56 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Stop, please just stop. I want to enjoy what I read also their are minors that visit these forums. Peace fellows, Peace!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »