Home

NCAA Basketball 09 - A Second Opinion

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 09 - A Second Opinion within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-20-2008, 01:49 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NCAA Basketball 09 - A Second Opinion

I have been a College Hoops 2K fan since the inception of the series back on my PS2. As a huge fan of college basketball, I always loved how 2K was able to get the little things about the game right. I loved how they would include all the teams, all the fight songs, all the mascots, all the arenas, all the jerseys, and it didn't hurt that the game always played great.

As the years progressed, the 2K engine started showing its age, and I became increasingly bored with the series up until College Hoops 2K8 was released last November. 2K8 was the pinnacle of college hoops gaming -- from the outstanding pregame analysis, to the weekly wrap up shows, to the incredibly deep gameplay mechanics, CH 2K8 was a college basketball fan's dream come true. Needless to say, I was crushed earlier this year when I heard that 2K would no longer be continuing the franchise that had left me wanting more after the release of 2K8.

Read More: NCAA Basketball 09 - A Second Opinion

Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2008, 01:53 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 24
This should have been your official OS review.
Well done!
Old 11-20-2008, 01:54 PM   #3
Rookie

BrownsFan72's Arena

OVR: 18
Completely agreed. The game is not perfect but I am surprised how solid the game is!
Old 11-20-2008, 01:56 PM   #4
The buzz is palpable now!

sportznut02's Arena

OVR: 32
Nice write up. I have not played the game yet and was on the fence about whether i should get it or not but i think its time i head out and pick this one up
Old 11-20-2008, 02:03 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 23
Great review. As much flak as the game has been getting lately, it's nice to see that, despite its flaws, there are some good things to look forward to in NCAA Basketball '09.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2008, 02:15 PM   #6
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
Nice write up. I feel like Ea still has a lot of work to do. 2K8 feels like another title that a few years from now some of us will still be really disappointed that EA hasn't managed to ecilpse it with something better.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:25 PM   #7
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21
Nice review....i will probably pick this game up tomorrow. I am still continuing to read impressions and play the demo just to make sure....but the more I read, it seems like the good out wieghs the bad in regards to what is most important to me in a basketball video game.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:26 PM   #8
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24
Great Review

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »