Home

NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions

This is a discussion on NCAA Basketball 09 Impressions within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-18-2008, 01:54 PM   #57
Rookie

xxslim502xx's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Official NCAA Basketball Impressions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I haven't played enough to give a definitive answer honestly. I've been messing with roster editing my Cards. Damn its frustrating.
Hey when you get done with the cards roster can you upload it to your locker so i can get it? you have ps3?
Old 11-18-2008, 01:59 PM   #58
cdj
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
CB - as always, thanks for the impressions.

How is the atmosphere? Are rivalry games or tournament games different than regular season games? Thanks.
In rivalry games, they have more commentary from Nessler and Andrews referencing the 'rivalry' and some graphic overlays that pop up. Not a lot of difference, but they do bring up it is a rivalry.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:00 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 17

Are the sliders the same as Live?
Old 11-18-2008, 02:03 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdj
In rivalry games, they have more commentary from Nessler and Andrews referencing the 'rivalry' and some graphic overlays that pop up. Not a lot of difference, but they do bring up it is a rivalry.
Better than nothing I suppose, I just hope there is a difference between the NC and a reg season game.

What is the deal with the schedules? They aren't correct for every team?
Old 11-18-2008, 02:04 PM   #61
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

some of the ommissions seem fairly puzzling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2008, 02:07 PM   #62
cdj
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jm0ney2001
Can anyone tell me if the neutral sites in the NCAA Tournament are generic or authentic. I remeber way back in the MM days the courts would just have a different coored paint area and everything else would be the same.
I saw Taco Bell Arena (Boise State) as one of the venues in the tourney, so you play at actual sites. Unfortunately, Taco Bell Arena was a different locale than I played in the first round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpars
Autosubs is a nice addition that i have wanted in the previous versions (March Madness) for years. How hard is it to find out how many fouls a player has? One thing that made the game hard last year was not only did you have to handle all substitutions, but you would have to pause the game, open the stats, scroll over a ways to find out how many fouls your players had on them. Additionally, if you had named your players and you went to substitute, it would have the player name, but from the quick sub screen it would not have their position. For a quick pickup and play game that was tough because you might not know if Joe Jones was a guard or a forward.

I hope little things were fixed like that. As someone who actually enjoyed the last few versions it is good to here things like autosubs were added. I like to control subs in dynasty mode but if you pick up and play sometimes you want that handled for you. Keep the info coming - thanks!
Seeing the # of fouls has been improved. You can see it on sub screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Boo.

Anyone find out if you can edit the classic teams? That could be a pretty big disappointment if they didn't add that this year.
Maybe I overlooked it, but did not see where to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
Do you have the ability of playing in preseason tourneys when you edit your schedule in dynasty?
In simulating a Dynasty, I saw my school was offered to play in the pre-season NIT. I am not sure if you can pick and choose pre-season tourneys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Ok a question that is being asked in a different thread: Does shot release timing affect anything or is it totally based of of ratings?
Combination. Ratings mainly (I think), but aided if you release the button at height of your jump. If you don't let go, you will still shoot, but it will be a bad shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
When playing against the CPU, can you see names (or #) under the CPU player when they have the ball? Probably not since it wasn't in the demo. This was kind of annoying last year in MM 08, I never knew who was scoring for the CPU unless i really paid attention to the number on the jersey...that is if i could even see it at all.

I am already disappointed how they haven't addressed the issue of not letting the user know what the call was after the whistle blows.....i have to pause the game go to stats and check to see if my guy just committed an offensive foul or not .
Can't see player name under CPU player, very few (if any) stats pop up for CPU players. Still too tough to see what CPU players may be tearing you up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker8
5 pages and no gameplay impressions?
Very fun game, blows MM08 out of the water.

Playing a 2-3 zone this morning, the CPU went baseline on me unopposed 2 or 3 times, so I changed quickly. I don't know if that was a fluke or if there is poor baseline defense by CPU defenders. I plan on playing more tonight and looking at this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Milwaukee 28
Countryboy.. Are the rosters really bad for every team?
The very few teams I looked at were relatively good. Nebraska's roster is much better than last year, Creighton's is good, Memphis was OK. UMass had some players no longer on roster.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:11 PM   #63
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

cdj... how does michigan state roster look? Could you please check them for me? Thanks so much
Old 11-18-2008, 02:15 PM   #64
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24

EA SPORTS World: Monroe

(Testing) Monroe eating the contact.......this games isnt perfect but its very fun.. i lost my 1st game 48-42 to Cuse but it was about late in the 2nd half i started to figure out how to play effective defense.
MLB: New York Yankees

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »