Home

NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-16-2008, 11:42 PM   #257
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here

I have mixed reactions to the demo.
The controls don't feel as responsive as in College Hoops and there's some choppiness at times, don't know if that's just the demo.
But being the graphics ho that I am, I love the look of the game. The player models look great, 3D-like,the uniforms and courts are fantastic. Mascots and areans look good.
Overall, looks to be a big improvement over past disastrous March Madness versions.
Still, I'll have to rent. And then probably won't buy until price goes down, if at all, because College Hoops 2k8 is great.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 11-17-2008, 09:50 AM   #258
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Last Season EA sports devs said ratings didn't matter as they were numbered a certain to balance out the game play.

This year they are using a different ratings system, in which it should matter a lot. Personally we all have opinions on who should be a 80 vs a 70. But unless you can say what really the 70 consist of as an overall. It might not really effect that players performance.

We will be editing the rosters, but first we need the game to see what exactly needs to be edited.

No one has the game yet, and even if we did change ratings. What says you will be accepting our ratings either.

Personally when you get the game, and want to crank up your team. I'm all for it, because they don't carry over online so it only effects your play and not others.

Until then, we are in the wait and see stages!!!
After playing sports video games for nearly 20 years, I have concluded that ratings are overrated on video games (if that makes sense). As long as guys that are rated 75 play noticeably better than those that are 60, I'll be happy. I hate games where guys are 20 points apart in ratings yet they play the same.

On a side note, has anyone seen any jump shots go in without swishing? Seems like every made jump shot is a swish. It's not a huge problem I suppose, but annoying none the less.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:11 PM   #259
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
After playing sports video games for nearly 20 years, I have concluded that ratings are overrated on video games (if that makes sense). As long as guys that are rated 75 play noticeably better than those that are 60, I'll be happy. I hate games where guys are 20 points apart in ratings yet they play the same.
I agree. To me everything must be relative. I don't care if the developer goes with a high or low scale, as long as the players who are rated higher play better.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:50 PM   #260
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
Getting the Rosters Straightened out is an understatement. The Demo is sweet. Peace!!!!

lol really? but you dont like the nba game?
Old 11-18-2008, 02:46 AM   #261
MVP

OVR: 12

I really wasn't feeling the demo. Didn't have much of a college feel to it. I guess I'll wait a couple weeks and see what everyone else has to say. Unfortunately I just don't see how this game will even come close to matching up to College Hoops 2K8. I get the idea I'll be better off just sticking with that and saving the money.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »