Home

NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-14-2008, 01:40 AM   #249
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Man I am just falling in love with this game. I love that you can 'fast break off a make', something you couldn't do in 2K8. I actually got a 10 second call against UK when I was pressing with Tenn too.

The classic camera is definitely where it's at. It lets you see up the floor enough to have a better transition game than the broadcast view but still gives you a great angle to see what's going on in the half court set. Since I switched to the classic cam my anticipation to another level.

The game isn't gonna be as realistic as some want it to be but this game is gonna be fun as hell to play all winter. Well, after we spend six weeks getting the rosters straightened out.
Getting the Rosters Straightened out is an understatement. The Demo is sweet. Peace!!!!
Old 11-14-2008, 06:40 AM   #250
Rookie

OVR: 1

I haven't picked up a NCAA game since I got March Madness 07. I know it wasn't great, but I actually like playing it. Especially for someone like me who isn't diehard about college basketball, but I like to root for my college. MM 07 was easy for me to pick up and play without problems. I downloaded the NCAA Basketball 09 demo and I can't figure out how to guard at all. I've looked at the controls, and I still can't figure it out. In 07, the right stick was what you used to guard. Can someone help me out here and tell me how to guard?

Outside my personal problem with being an idiot on the controls, I like the way it looks and plays. Hopefully the random seizures my active guy has, and the issue with my players not passing down low unless I choose via a specific button will both get worked out by the time the game comes out next week.

I think I may take back my Gears 2 before I open it and get this game instead. I think it will have more play time.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:16 AM   #251
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Well, after we spend six weeks getting the rosters straightened out.
So true.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2008, 02:17 PM   #252
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
The game isn't gonna be as realistic as some want it to be but this game is gonna be fun as hell to play all winter. Well, after we spend six weeks getting the rosters straightened out.
That's how I feel about Live 09. No, it's not perfect or totally realistic, but I'm having a hell of a lot of fun ... and it's gonna take EA and Synergy six weeks or so to get their damned rosters straightened out.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:26 PM   #253
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Demo is out - Impressions here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Wait, I thought this game was suppose to Live 09's engine. It's using Live 08? That is very bad news.

LOL u r surprised?
Old 11-16-2008, 04:12 PM   #254
Rookie

YankeeCpt's Arena

OVR: 6

There are way to many pages to read here. However, I did scan. I see how many of you said that rosters and ratings would be fixed. Does that mean some of the hokey ratings of the players will be fixed. For example: Jodie Meeks is far better than a player with ratings in the 70's. He easily should be in the 80's. He is a scoring machine!

So far this year Meeks has put up: 27, 23, and 39 (27 and 23 were exhibition- 39 was first game).
Old 11-16-2008, 04:34 PM   #255
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeCpt
There are way to many pages to read here. However, I did scan. I see how many of you said that rosters and ratings would be fixed. Does that mean some of the hokey ratings of the players will be fixed. For example: Jodie Meeks is far better than a player with ratings in the 70's. He easily should be in the 80's. He is a scoring machine!

So far this year Meeks has put up: 27, 23, and 39 (27 and 23 were exhibition- 39 was first game).
Last Season EA sports devs said ratings didn't matter as they were numbered a certain to balance out the game play.

This year they are using a different ratings system, in which it should matter a lot. Personally we all have opinions on who should be a 80 vs a 70. But unless you can say what really the 70 consist of as an overall. It might not really effect that players performance.

We will be editing the rosters, but first we need the game to see what exactly needs to be edited.

No one has the game yet, and even if we did change ratings. What says you will be accepting our ratings either.

Personally when you get the game, and want to crank up your team. I'm all for it, because they don't carry over online so it only effects your play and not others.

Until then, we are in the wait and see stages!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2008, 07:57 PM   #256
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Demo is out - Impressions here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrandon
LOL u r surprised?
I'm guessing that you didn't read where the game is using the NBA Live '09 engine.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »