Home

MLB '09: The Show - Always Room for Improvement

This is a discussion on MLB '09: The Show - Always Room for Improvement within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-15-2008, 05:14 PM   #65
MVP

DodgerFanatic2K3's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: MLB '09: The Show - Always Room for Improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by sask3m
i agree about the hitting, needs true zone , the hitting system used now is more what you'd expect in rookie or veteran mode not hof.
I agree with you about true ZONE hitting needed but just because people prefer to use "classic" timed hitting they shouldn't be subjected to just rookie and veteran difficulty just because they don't want to aim !!!

There should be a choice of 3 batting styles (CLASSIC) (CURSOR) & (ZONE) and they should all be available in the options menu on ANY difficulty level because the difficulty setting should only effect A.I. and not have anything to do with batting preference
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2008, 05:43 PM   #66
MVP

DodgerFanatic2K3's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjwm
Actually rain occurs quite a bit in baseball, especially in Florida & Seattle. It just doesn't always cause delays or cancellations. If its a light drizzle they can & usually will play through it.

Don't you find it kind of dull with the same constant fair weather in past iterations of The Show? Wouldn't it be more interesting to play a game where theres constant worry about the weather on cloudy or overcast days/nights? Then if it does happen to start raining hard enough to cause delay, that's when bullpen strategy comes into play if your starter is still going strong at the time. It's all about variation & ways to keep every single game interesting in more ways than just on the field play.

Now if Sony implements the weather conditions like 2K did, then I'd agree with you. They did a horrible job with those lines falling from the overlays supposedly resembling rain. I don't think that'll happen with Sony though. Especially since Kolbe & Chris have mentioned in the past that they're holding out on weather till it can be done properly. Well you'd think with the power of the PS3 that would no longer be a problem.
ASB was amazing with weather details...They had realistic looking rain, snow flurries and even fog

I remember playing some crazy games in Wriggly field with fog and all the players were bundled up and you could even see their breath......it really made me feel like I was there in the cold, even pitchers wore jackets on the bases

If "The Show" can implement those conditions and little details it will be even more amazing
Old 11-15-2008, 08:01 PM   #67
MVP

Scooter3's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerFanatic2K3
There should be a choice of 3 batting styles (CLASSIC) (CURSOR) & (ZONE) and they should all be available in the options menu on ANY difficulty level because the difficulty setting should only effect A.I. and not have anything to do with batting preference
I would love to see batting set-up this way! The same 3 choices for 3 levels...
Got my vote!

Scooter...

Mark Twain:
" Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

U.S. Army Veteran

Last edited by Scooter3; 11-15-2008 at 08:11 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:54 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter3
I would love to see batting set-up this way! The same 3 choices for 3 levels...
Got my vote!

Scooter...
thats exactly how espn2k4 was set up as well, can't see why this game shouldn't be.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:26 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 7
i have some "wishes" that i would like to come to mlb the show. hopefully 09.

main thing. is crowd atmosphere.

-I want the crowd to go nutsss after a late inning/extra innings go ahead/walk off home run or hit or after a big strike out in pitching jams or ending the game.
-I want there to be a "Yankees Suck" chant at Fenway
-I want there to be standing ovations after a pitcher is taken out of the game or with 2 outs in the 9th inning, waiting for the last out.
-I want Opening Day to be new, with players running onto the field getting introduced, and whoever wins the world series the year before gets their rings. (for example; Philadelphia)
-I want more cut scenes, with player, fan, coach reactions after a call is made or a after a big hit/stolen base.
-I want fan attendence to be involved, like for the last place teams, there will be a lot of empty seats; when in BOS or NY it will most likely be a full house every game..
-More detail with the coaches, i think there was a post already put up about that.
-I want there to be standing ovations for a pitcher once he is taken out by the manager, or after getting a no hitter broken up.
-I want there to be those fans that are at a ballpark rooting for another team, giving high fives after their team puts a run on the board.
-I want the All Star Game to be more detailed. With player introduction running out onto the field from the dugout like opening day..and i want the all star game uniforms to be like they are now (team uniforms and hats. i think?) no NL or AL uniforms.
-I want a cut scene when you want to warm up a pitcher, and show him warming up in the bullpen.
-I want the POSTSEASON to be a complete change from the regular season. some stadiums have towels, Tampa Bay has cowbells, I want the fans to be louddd and crazyy after everything little happens (like a run scored, a strike out of a batter)
-I want there to be little press conferences from coach or player
-After winning a series CELEBRATIONS NEED TO BE BETTER AND LONGER. yeah after the divisional series, a lot of high fives, hugs, jumping up and down on the pitchers mound.
League championship, mobbing the field, some champagne "we're going to the world seriesssss!"
After winning the world series, I want the last out to be a cut scene, like position yourself to make a catch, or to make a ground ball then the game takes it from there, so that right when the out is made the player can react with his arms in the air, everyone jumps over the dugout fence, and mobs the mound. I want signs that say "We Believed" and then it cuts to the locker room with players jumping with champagne WITH championship hats and t shirts, spraying the drinks into the camera..some interviews with players that say "I'm so proud of all of these guys around me". going out on the field and spraying it onto the fans. then the mvp trophy and world series trophy.
-I want the post season fans to be the loudest you're audio could make it.
-This cut scene should be about 5 minutes long. I mean comeon we've played 162 games, it would be nice to sit back and watch all your hard work paying off with some celebration!

Now my all time wish for this baseball game would have to be..after winning a world series. i want there to be a celebration parade that goes throughout the city. Comeon, how sick would that be!

I've given these recommendations to you guys because, I believe that MLB the show has much more potential than mlb 2k. SO PLEASEEE. LISTEN TO MY IDEAS. this will make it the best baseball game ever played.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:10 PM   #70
Rookie

ARMORALLL's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerm21
i have some "wishes" that i would like to come to mlb the show. hopefully 09.

main thing. is crowd atmosphere.

-I want the crowd to go nutsss after a late inning/extra innings go ahead/walk off home run or hit or after a big strike out in pitching jams or ending the game.
-I want there to be a "Yankees Suck" chant at Fenway
-I want there to be standing ovations after a pitcher is taken out of the game or with 2 outs in the 9th inning, waiting for the last out.
-I want Opening Day to be new, with players running onto the field getting introduced, and whoever wins the world series the year before gets their rings. (for example; Philadelphia)
-I want more cut scenes, with player, fan, coach reactions after a call is made or a after a big hit/stolen base.
-I want fan attendence to be involved, like for the last place teams, there will be a lot of empty seats; when in BOS or NY it will most likely be a full house every game..
-More detail with the coaches, i think there was a post already put up about that.
-I want there to be standing ovations for a pitcher once he is taken out by the manager, or after getting a no hitter broken up.
-I want there to be those fans that are at a ballpark rooting for another team, giving high fives after their team puts a run on the board.
-I want the All Star Game to be more detailed. With player introduction running out onto the field from the dugout like opening day..and i want the all star game uniforms to be like they are now (team uniforms and hats. i think?) no NL or AL uniforms.
-I want a cut scene when you want to warm up a pitcher, and show him warming up in the bullpen.
-I want the POSTSEASON to be a complete change from the regular season. some stadiums have towels, Tampa Bay has cowbells, I want the fans to be louddd and crazyy after everything little happens (like a run scored, a strike out of a batter)
-I want there to be little press conferences from coach or player
-After winning a series CELEBRATIONS NEED TO BE BETTER AND LONGER. yeah after the divisional series, a lot of high fives, hugs, jumping up and down on the pitchers mound.
League championship, mobbing the field, some champagne "we're going to the world seriesssss!"
After winning the world series, I want the last out to be a cut scene, like position yourself to make a catch, or to make a ground ball then the game takes it from there, so that right when the out is made the player can react with his arms in the air, everyone jumps over the dugout fence, and mobs the mound. I want signs that say "We Believed" and then it cuts to the locker room with players jumping with champagne WITH championship hats and t shirts, spraying the drinks into the camera..some interviews with players that say "I'm so proud of all of these guys around me". going out on the field and spraying it onto the fans. then the mvp trophy and world series trophy.
-I want the post season fans to be the loudest you're audio could make it.
-This cut scene should be about 5 minutes long. I mean comeon we've played 162 games, it would be nice to sit back and watch all your hard work paying off with some celebration!

Now my all time wish for this baseball game would have to be..after winning a world series. i want there to be a celebration parade that goes throughout the city. Comeon, how sick would that be!

I've given these recommendations to you guys because, I believe that MLB the show has much more potential than mlb 2k. SO PLEASEEE. LISTEN TO MY IDEAS. this will make it the best baseball game ever played.
Its still a videogame. Its never going to be real life. Some good ideas in there, just dont get your hopes up!
Old 12-04-2008, 08:04 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 7
hey, you never know. it could be done!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2008, 07:53 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 0
sounds great...i think the show should make a college baseball game and to make that even better, they should start it off like in ncaa football where they begin in a high school tournament and after they finish dominating in the tournament they choose which school they go to and the show can import the ncaa career into the mlb game

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »