Home

MLB '09: The Show - Always Room for Improvement

This is a discussion on MLB '09: The Show - Always Room for Improvement within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-01-2008, 03:01 PM   #57
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: MLB '09: The Show - Always Room for Improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapa17
can we please PLEASE have realistic body types for managers??? lou pinella, mike scioscia, and all the other big-gut managers haven't been that svelte in decades!

LMAO!! THATS THE TRUTH THOUGH

and how about a team jacket on em instead of a plain uniform. it's been documented that terry francona has been asked to wear his uniform when managing. he argues that he has a circulatory problem that requires him to bundle up in the outer-wear jackets, etc. in other words, we should almost never see francona in a full bosox uni during a mound visit.

i know this is purely cosmetic, but when you're trying to immerse yourself in a fantasy world and the manager trots out there looking nothing like his real life counterpart, you're ripped from the fantasy! The Show does such a great job in most aspects, but when i see that lean lou pinella paying a mound visit, i suddenly realize that i'm not at wrigley; i'm in my boxers on my recliner at 3 a.m. playing a video game (LOSER!).

please don't remind me that i'm a loser!
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Old 11-02-2008, 02:47 AM   #58
MVP

OVR: 31
Good ideas. The occasional rain delay would be cool also because it might force you into some pitching change strategy and such.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:51 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 2

40-man rosters in September, full roster (MLB, AAA, AA, [maybe?] A) in Spring training, more realistic weather (rain, seeing the player's breath) that can cause doubleheaders, equipment is more personalized (sunglasses, goggles like k-rod used to use, and like, shin guards higher or turned on the leg).

i wouldn't mind like, seeing more all-star game events, like home run derby using the leaders in the currently playing season.

all of the stuff mentioned in this post make sense to be added. hope they keep it in mind.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:19 PM   #60
ajw
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
I agree with Skyboxer, cursor hitting system is so awesome.
Can you explain in more detail what the cursor hitting system is?
Old 11-03-2008, 02:32 PM   #61
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw
Can you explain in more detail what the cursor hitting system is?
Best bet is to grab 2K4 for $.99 and check it out for yourself.

There is a cursor screen and you have to move it to line it up w. the ball as the pitch comes in. The reason I love it so much is because it gives you the most accurate hit variety assuming the game play is done properly.

For example, if you move the cursor and it's slightly under the ball when you swing you will pop it up, if you the cursor is too high you will hit a ground ball. All of this is basically left to timing-only or chance in MVP, The Show and other games.

Cursors can be well-done and poorly done. I think the cursor in 2K4 is the best hitting system ever in a baseball game, on the other hand I did not like the cursor in ASB.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2008, 11:51 PM   #62
Rookie

kenkraly2004's Arena

OVR: 3

Here what SCEA should add for MLB 09 The Show. here are additonal changes I want the makers of MLB to add 1. Have the real sounds and crowd noise from all the ballparks like the cow belle in Tampa Bay, The Dum guy at progressive field, and the tomahawk chop at turner field just to name a few.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:06 PM   #63
All Star

OVR: 0

I play manage only mode. One thing that is annoying is the countdown between pitch which requires you to tap a button on every pitch to speed up the game. Do away with that delay, simply make it so you can stop the game to make a move before the pitcher begins his windup.

Also, I hope they allow saved franchises to be transported from '08 to '09. I would hate to have to start over.

Other than that, is the ps2 version there are a couple bugs that I'm hoping they will fix, but they aren't bad enough to ruin the game. Sometimes a runner runs the bases backwards, and sometimes the catcher tries to catch all popups.

I played high heat until I nearly wore it out. MLB the show is by far the best baseball game I've ever played, great for those of us who prefer the manage only mode of playing.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:43 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 19

Very very true!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »