Home

NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-07-2008, 03:20 PM   #161
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Demo is out - Impressions here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
I can't agree with this at all. The animations feel jerky and unresponsive. The control feels sluggish. The passing is awful, especially when being full court pressed. Not once, not twice, but 3 times in a row, my player I was passing it to either A) catch the ball and pivot out of bounds, or B) run towards out of bounds before they tried to catch it.

Does any of this surprise you? You do notice who made this game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2008, 03:22 PM   #162
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Demo is out - Impressions here

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
Does any of this surprise you? You do notice who made this game?
Wow, what an objective opinion.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-07-2008, 03:27 PM   #163
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA Basetball 09 Demo Available, Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
And yeah, as mentioned above the classic teams are still a disaster. No Jimmy Black, Sam Perkins or Greg Kelser. Brutal.
not having sam perkins on unc's team is like not having james worthy on any all time lakers team.

maybe someone from the company can answer the question as to how these teams can be created and researched and not have a guy like sam perkins or jimmy black on unc if they really did all the research.

Old 11-07-2008, 03:29 PM   #164
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Yeah, at least this game will keep us roster editors very busy for a long time. I plan on getting all the classic teams as accurate as possible.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-07-2008, 03:31 PM   #165
MVP

colkilla's Arena

OVR: 13

i enjoyed the demo. picking up the full version day 1. between this and the new rosters for 2k8, should be a good college bball gaming season...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2008, 04:02 PM   #166
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

I am having fun with the demo and looking forward to playing it some more. Running an offense seems very fun in this game. Need to get the controls down better to be sure.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:46 PM   #167
Rookie

WarEagleTom's Arena

OVR: 5

I REALLY wanted to like it, but its horrible, unplayable and certainly not worth the money. No need to go into detail, already deleted the download.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:50 PM   #168
Rookie

OVR: 6

I had no clue this game was in the works or even a demo was out till I scanned the new demos a while ago. I downloaded the game to give it a shot.

Let me say that I haven't played a Live game since the Genesis and haven't owned the 2k game since 2k7 (2k8 was a rental).

I am really surprised at how fun the game is. The tempo feature is great. You can really tell the difference between TN and Kentucky. Defensively, I think this game does the 2-3 zone much better than the 2k series, it just feels more natural. On the other hand, I tried pressing with TN and the players were all over the place. Kentucky zipped by to the hoop without any problem. I really need to practice with this D. Turnovers and picking off passes seemed realistic, not too many. Offensively, the give and go feature was easy to pick up for a n00b like me and I was able to score 19-26 points in each game. I had a couple of sweet dunks off the give and go that had my jaw dropping.

Not going to nitpick on clothes, shoes, or sound that much because fun is what it's all about for me and I realize this is a demo. I like Erin Andrews on the sidelines and she's definitely not MIA. She broke in 3 times in one of my games with some pretty decent info. The only funny things I've noticed are that Vitale sounds like he has a frog in his throat sometimes. And, is it just me, or does he call Nessler BRIAN on several occasions?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »