Home

NBA Live 365 Status Update

This is a discussion on NBA Live 365 Status Update within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-06-2008, 10:44 PM   #329
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 365 Status Update

There were questions earlier, even one I posted myself, on whether or not the DNA would change daily with the new Rewind games. I was told that they would only change every ten days or so from the Live developers. However, after checking out a few different Rewind games as well as the Play Now DNA percentages for each player, it seems as if each player's DNA changes with each Rewind game. (That makes sense) The DNA for the regular Play Now games, I'm assuming will be the DNA that changes only every 10 days. All that being said, is this a correct assumption?

And, forgive me if this has been completely clarified as I have not checked this thread in a couple of days.

Last edited by Vinngadd; 11-06-2008 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something
Old 11-07-2008, 03:03 AM   #330
NBA LIVE Producer

iminurbase's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinngadd
There were questions earlier, even one I posted myself, on whether or not the DNA would change daily with the new Rewind games. I was told that they would only change every ten days or so from the Live developers. However, after checking out a few different Rewind games as well as the Play Now DNA percentages for each player, it seems as if each player's DNA changes with each Rewind game. (That makes sense) The DNA for the regular Play Now games, I'm assuming will be the DNA that changes only every 10 days. All that being said, is this a correct assumption?

And, forgive me if this has been completely clarified as I have not checked this thread in a couple of days.
Rewind DNA is specific to that particular game.

For the regular 365 updates, DNA and Tendencies will change every day. It's just like a scoring average; if you drop 50 one night your season average will change. DNA works the same way. What you see every day is the current 'average' of all the games that player has played.

The 10 game piece is for hot/cold streaks. Synergy needs to look at the recent history of a player to decide what their current streak is.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:04 AM   #331
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminurbase

For the regular 365 updates, DNA and Tendencies will change every day. It's just like a scoring average; if you drop 50 one night your season average will change. DNA works the same way. What you see every day is the current 'average' of all the games that player has played.

The 10 game piece is for hot/cold streaks. Synergy needs to look at the recent history of a player to decide what their current streak is.
Nice! Thanks for clearing that up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2008, 04:33 AM   #332
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

Great job on this stuff... But It seems like you guys are skipping over the questions about players starting and coming off the bench out of position... There have been at least 4 or 5 questions/comments made about this with no answer...

Any ideas base or steph??

XBox One GT: rawdog805

Twitch: dufflebag_ran

Steam: rawdog805
Old 11-07-2008, 06:43 AM   #333
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog805
Great job on this stuff... But It seems like you guys are skipping over the questions about players starting and coming off the bench out of position... There have been at least 4 or 5 questions/comments made about this with no answer...

Any ideas base or steph??
We can't always catch everything my man.

We're looking into this, stay tuned. I just wanted to point out that the player positions / starting lineups are being fed to Synergy directly from the NBA.

If you look at NBA.com's box scores, you'll see that our lineups mimic exactly what they're feeding out. Obviously there are some errors there which we're currently working on correcting. Just wanted to shed some light.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:56 AM   #334
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

All right, thanks! I now have a full understanding of what's going on with all of this amazing new technology. This truly is revolutionary and I'm already anxious about what you have in store for us with next year's release.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:21 PM   #335
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

Thanks Base! Can you elaborate on the "Hot Streaks" or "Cold Streaks" ? What will that do exactly? If a player is on a hot streak, does it raise his shooting percentage? Raise his overall? How exactly will these streaks affect players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2008, 03:30 PM   #336
Banned

MindFlare's Arena

OVR: 3

How do we get oklahoma thunder logo in the game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »