Home

Old Habits Die Hard: A PES Fan Dabbles in FIFA

This is a discussion on Old Habits Die Hard: A PES Fan Dabbles in FIFA within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-29-2008, 09:03 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Old Habits Die Hard: A PES Fan Dabbles in FIFA

But although I really, really like FIFA, I’m not sure that I love it. It’s just missing that WE/PES magic.

You must mean the magic of ridiculous over-the-top game speed, the limited eight-direction running and turning, the awful commentary, along with the last-gen graphics and player models. I don't miss any of that.

I was a PES fan until about three years ago when Konami decided to screw gamers by slapping several terrible next-gen games together and marketing them as "playable". As it is now and given how good FIFA is, I won't be buying another PES game anytime in the near future.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:50 PM   #10
Rookie

mdbussen's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
But although I really, really like FIFA, I’m not sure that I love it. It’s just missing that WE/PES magic.

You must mean the magic of ridiculous over-the-top game speed, the limited eight-direction running and turning, the awful commentary, along with the last-gen graphics and player models. I don't miss any of that.

I was a PES fan until about three years ago when Konami decided to screw gamers by slapping several terrible next-gen games together and marketing them as "playable". As it is now and given how good FIFA is, I won't be buying another PES game anytime in the near future.
bitter much??
Old 10-30-2008, 10:29 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdbussen
bitter much??
I'm only bitter when I spend my money on bad games, which is why I haven't purchased PES in three years. So to answer your question: not at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2008, 01:16 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

I do agree with some aspects of this well written article. For me, the magic of PES is contained in the Master League. I really enjoy making my own team, with my own custom jersey and sponsor. Weird, I know, but it give me an emotional attachment of sorts to that created team. I enjoy growing the team up from nothing. And changing the team kits every now and then to keep things fresh. Gives me a weird sense of accomplishment. I just don't feel the same way in FIFA's MM. Probably because I have no strong ties to ANY team anywhere (call that a product of growing up in the middle of nowhere). I could see gaining that same sort of attachment to some team if I'd been a supporter all my life, but right now i'm playing as wolverhampton in MM and it's fun and all, but just different from PES ML.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:54 PM   #13
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Wait a minute, the author states that he started his manager mode by playing in the Community Shield. Does that mean that teams that are in the Champions League will be in it in the first season? If so, I may have to do my standard Arsenal MM after all, as I assumed that I'd have to do the first year just to get in the CL which was always a turn-off for me...
Old 11-02-2008, 05:19 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 7

Good article. Being a former avid PES fan, I understand where he's coming from. Scoring in FIFA doesn't excite one as much as scoring in PES. In PES, it truly feels like you've earned it. But FIFA is the more complete package, at least this year IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »