Home

MLB '09: The Show - Always Room for Improvement

This is a discussion on MLB '09: The Show - Always Room for Improvement within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-17-2008, 12:41 AM   #49
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB '09: The Show - Always Room for Improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnickyb
cursor hitting???? Yeah, ok.....
And exactly what's wrong with having options other than "Swing where you want as it doesn't matter because the batter will swing where the ball is no matter what" hitting system.....

The game needs a true zone hitting system, IMO. or a cursor system Or both and give us an option.
Never a good idea to only have one option.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 10-17-2008, 06:22 AM   #50
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
And exactly what's wrong with having options other than "Swing where you want as it doesn't matter because the batter will swing where the ball is no matter what" hitting system.....

The game needs a true zone hitting system, IMO. or a cursor system Or both and give us an option.
Never a good idea to only have one option.
Co-sign

The show hasnt had what I would call a true zone hitting system since 06, and I wouldn't mind them throwing in cursor hitting as an option. I remember the first 989/SCEA baseball game for the PS2 was MLB 2004 and it had cursor hitting....even though that game was atrocious lol.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:04 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 14

i agree about the hitting, needs true zone , the hitting system used now is more what you'd expect in rookie or veteran mode not hof.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2008, 01:46 AM   #52
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

I agree with everything he said. Talking about the players wearing long sleeves in cold weather. Why don't the umpires where long sleeves in cold weather? Seems like a minor problem that could be fixed easily. One more thing. I noticed on most stadiums (I'm a small detail guy) they did a great job having the past championship banners and stuff wherever teams have them at. But on my Braves stadium (Turner Field) they just have red and yellow banners in left field. They don't have the years on them and it is just generic. I guess it's better than the PS2 version considering that depending on if you were playing a day game or night game the banners weren't there at all. But I don't see how hard it would be to put the years on there and then have only 1 red banner for 1995 when the Braves won the World Series. Also below that banner it says World Champions. The other banners are yellow with black numbers for the division titles expect the years the Braves made it to the World Series (91, 92, 95, 96, 99) the numbers are red.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:45 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 0
I just want to know are they going to add the headset feature in mlb the show 09?what happen this year with that?
Old 10-27-2008, 02:04 PM   #54
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I'm a huge baseball gaming fan and the one thing I want more than anything is a true zone hitting system or an accurate cursor hitting system. I prefer zone.
Ditto, they NEED to do something about the hitting system.

Sig styles is #2 for me.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 10-27-2008, 02:28 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 5

There is always something to improve, even for a very good sports game like MLB the show (08), but some things are more neccessary than others.

I'd be happy with:

- Baseball tonight (NFL 2k had that in 2k4 and 2k5, a little show with highlights from other games, but I don't think that's gonna happen in 09)

- more variety in franchise-mode like september call-ups, 3-way trades, improved AI logic and single A...and a few other things)

- collission system, it's ridiculous that players ran thru others like ghosts. c'mon, it shouldn't be that hard to put that into the game.

- dynamic weather, you know what I mean, rain-outs (double headers), rain-delays...

- most important thing: IMPROVED HITTING SYSTEM! Please, make it happen. 08 (all-star/HOF) feels like you are hitting on rookie mode. It's sad that I am happy if I end up with only 4-5 hits in a game, something is wrong.

- sliders which actually work. If we want more walks, there should be a slider for that...if we want less hits, there should be a slider for that, if we want more extra basehits, there should be a slider for that. I think you got it...

- improved FIELDING! I always feel like I don't have control about my throws. take some notes from MVP baseball, their fielding was SPOT ON.

I have faith in SCEA that they are aware of the problems most of us have with the 08-version and will fix them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2008, 12:40 AM   #56
Rookie

ARMORALLL's Arena

OVR: 8
My biggest problem is that game sliders don't work. I would like a slider that increases the umps strike zone. In 08 the zone is too small! As far as add ons I'm suprised that no one has mentioned "Home Run Derby!!!" Rain delays are long overdue in The Show. Just look at this years World Series! The game needs better collision detection and a uniform select option like every other sports game. In RTTS mode, if your a catcher, have the ability to call out pitches for the pitcher. I would like to see some pitchers down in the bullpens sitting on the bench down there. Also I wonder if its possible to add retractable roofs in Toronto, Seattle, Arizona, Milwaukee, and Houston.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »