Home

NBA 2K9 Review

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 Review within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-14-2008, 07:13 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
Jason Richardson a 99 in 3pt. shoothing?! I may DL the 2K Insider rosters. Thanks, Born.

BUT, this is really kind of ridiculous. First, I adjust the global Sliders, then the Coaches Profiles, now I also need the "correct" rosters adjustments?!!!! For me, even DL'n someone else's adjustments is tough, because ultimately I trust my judgement most-unless it's coming straight from the top. So, maybe I'll go with 2K Insider's rosters, but, if I choose not to, then I have to do that myself, also-big pain in the butt. And, if the rosters are really the big factor of all the inaccuracy, then I may have to start all over! But, why are the rosters so skewed in the first place?! So, the gameplay is there, but the numbers are all messed up?!!!!!
2K9 will definitely be remembered as a great game......after many......many adjustments. Not cool, 2K.

I just want to play the damn game!!!!!
How do you use the 2k share to even get those rating changes???
Old 10-14-2008, 08:46 PM   #74
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K9 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
Play a game straight up before you touch the sliders after you DL the rosters. The tendencies and ratings have PLENTY to do with CPU behavior. Once the ratings are adjusted, the CPU intelligence reacts appropriately. With proper ratings, the game doesn't need nearly as much tweaking as it does when it thinks Jason Richardson is a 99 in 3pt shooting, lol.
well idl played a game i won against the wizards 111-107 and well the Wizards scored 70 points in the paint and had 24 ft attempts made 21 against my 5 attempts.Im going ot play a second game against the warriors now and if the Points in the pain even pass 50 im done with this game
Old 10-14-2008, 09:21 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulZweber
Well, any of my passes going through 3 people ALWAYS get stolen, I haven't been able to get an alley-oop to work, I have only had one cpu alley-oop against me in a week. In the NBA, when teams play, do they shoot the same percentage every game? No way in hell! If they did there would be no competition. I agree that the FG percentage is high, but it goes both ways, and I think it is to keep scores more realistic. I play 8 minute quarters, and average around 100 points a game. Seems pretty realistic to me. I have only used default sliders with no problems. No one plays the same every time they play, that is human. To make a teams FG % 40% every game would be incredibly more unrealistic than having hot and cold nights. If other peoples sliders aren't working, you can try editing your own. I haven't had problems, so I most likely won't be doing that.
Buddy I'm talking about the AI doing all the alley oops and precison passes in the paint, I wish that was me doing it. I'm glad you're enjoying it and I envy you for it but I just played a game where 5 foot nothing Earl Watson attacked the basket, getting in between Bosh and O'Neal who wer standing there waiting for him, while at the same time rolling the ball around his waist and making a layup. The fact that it happened in the last minute of the game and pretty much cost me the game is beyond beleif. My PG wasn't even playing tight on him but he went into berzerker mode and all you can do is sit and watch and make sure when you throw your controller that you don't hit the dog.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2008, 09:37 PM   #76
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenGlove
I'm starting to get pissed with the whole, "Adjust sliders" argument. Please stop giving 2k a reason NOT to fix the default sliders.

I don't want to have to sit down infront of this game and adjust sliders for hours just for the game to play realistic. I want the damn game to play realistic out of the box. Stop giving 2k a cop out. The default sliders are a joke. Only reason I'm even talking about the sliders is because I have been forced to play offline against the CPU who is cheap as hell. If I could play ONLINE it wouldn't be as bad.
co sign

never understood that argument.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:42 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 6
I have 10 official games on my user name and i'm 5-5....on pro difficulty level mind you. I started 0-3, then won 4 straight, loss 2 more then won a good one with houston over boston. Thats not even my association yet. I stated this because this game is far more realistic on pro difficulty than I anticiapated. I can only imagine it on higher difficulty levels. This game is awesome...as for people with complaints about the field goal % and what not...I play 12 min quarters, but I want realistic results in my games(scores that are normal) so yes I had to bump down the silders and the game speed, but when I did that, the game became so much better. that houston game where I beat boston was like a game 7 in the nba finals. and the realism....check this, I was postin up with Yao with 2 min to go and down by 2. he gets doubled in the paint and that leaves Artest open. Artest though was having a bad game for me spo when he received the pass, the defense rotated and left open arron brooks who drained a HUGE 3 for me, the crowd in the game went nuts, I went nuts, it was like 2am in the morning and I woke my 3 month old up because I was so excited. that 3 put me ahead for good. I juss love this game man, once I adjusted my sliders everything made sense. so what the default sliders make it arcadey, thats for people who have never played the game to be able to pick it up and play right away. You have to adjust the sliders/game speed to get a balance that you desire, thats why they are their, to play the way YOU wanna play. all you mo-fos complaining need realize that. If sliders weren't their then I would have a serious problem, but they are so adjust them until its right for you and then rock out man....its only a game
Old 10-15-2008, 01:16 AM   #78
Banned

OVR: 14

This game is great. I started reading some of these complaints and tried Live out. Not to turn this into a live vs 2k thing but there is no comparison. I've been playing on allstar default and having some of the most realistic, enjoyable games of my life. Yeah the game needs to be tweaked a bit and the fg%'s are still out of whack, but this game is awesome. I hate bringing up this argument but as I've gotten better the fg%'s have gone down and it's gotten more realistic. It's still juiced in areas and really hard but a lot of the complaints imo are just because people havent taken the time to improve.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:36 AM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 2
Im sorry but I NEED THE 2K CAM!!!!

I dont know whats worse..the idiot who thought it was a good idea to get rid of 2k cam online or the idiots who approved that! If you can have the cam offline why in the world would they take it off online? I need that camera to see the lanes and intercept steals and get in front of people who try to drive to the hole. In broadcast or any of those other views I simply cannot do that and people who I know I can beat just walk up to the basket and score repeatedly and I am helpless. Also when I try to select another camera( i only tried iso cause its closest to 2k online) the action slows down and becomes laggy when the action comes to the bottom court that is closest to the camera...basically when you are going down on iso cam. This is extremely frustrating and 2k is lucky that live is crap cause I would switch up immediately. Also team up is fun as hell when it works. as of this posting I have been able to play about 5 full lag free complete games and I had a ball in this mode. With 2k the way it is i would give it a 6 or 7. if they fix lag a 7 or 8. if they give me my damn 2k cam back online then a 10!!!!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 09:19 AM   #80
Rookie

Mobster06's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by XuanWu
This review is far too easy on the 2K team. There are simply too many bugs on and offline this year. The gameplay has suffered considerably. It's too easy to score with bigmen now. 3s rain down from any joe-blow who has a half-decent 3pt rating. It takes like 10 tries to randomly connect to a player for a "quick" match. WHERE ARE OUR LOBBIES? We can't even filter out all these damn Kobe/LeBron cheesers without lobbies! Sure, 2K is better than Live again, but at this point that's like saying chocolate tastes better than broccoli. LOOK WE KNOW THAT ALREADY. Instead of lauding 2K for beating the mentally challenged, overweight kid with one arm and a stumpy leg in dodgeball, why not CRITIQUE 2K for squandering its own potential with this messy, unfinished, buggy P.O.S. they've released this year?
Cosign

great post

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »