Home

NBA Live 09 Review

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Review within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 02:56 PM   #73
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA Live 09 Review

Actually someone sounds bitter to me.

In the past EA has made some garbage games though, but then again there have been some garbage games in 2k's past

Matter of fact, im enjoying Live 09 so who cares more of the same keeps coming in here saying this for

You dont want the game fine, but why come in here with a rant about nothing at all. This has nothing to do with your past employment, you just sounds bitter to people who are reading.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:23 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 3

Ok last year i didn't like live 08 it was just straight garbage, after playing 09 this game is definitely no arcade or NBA street vol whatever, people act like there players jumping 15 ft in the air between there legs throwing it off the backboard and slamming it down, dribbling and throwing it of the defenders head.

The play calling is pretty realistic, and i haven't seen any overboard animations, i mean you can say at times its not fluid or or some of the animation can be better.I mean some of you people dont even have the game and are just knocking it off past lives. If your not gonna try it ok dont hate on it if you dont have it or plan on getting it. Just because they make it more user friendly then 2k is consider a arcade?
Old 10-10-2008, 05:21 PM   #75
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

I heard that NBA Live once shook hands with a known terrorist... in fact, it's real name is NBA Hussein Live.

it can not be trusted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2008, 05:44 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 22

7.5? wow.. way too low for the turnaround they did over the off season..
Old 10-10-2008, 06:21 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 1
bitter??? i aint bitter... they gave me 3 months full pay and 2000 bux they are a wonderful company to work for and i am just glad they gave me an opportunity...i am just sayin dis..i know bball from playin organized ball half my life and i dont anyone sayin i am 2k fanboy because iused to work for ea. so i really dont have a biased opinion and i obviously know bball (especially since i used to play point guard). NBA LIVE IS NOT A SIMULATION OF REAL BBALL. AND IT DESERVED EVERYBIT OF THE 7.5 REVIEW IT GOT. i gave both 2k9 and live 09 a chance and Live stunk, the players move like robots and look skinny (even shaq) it takes 10 seconds to pick up a loose ball and you call this real???? none of that happens in 2k9. Its silky smooth, the player models look great, and the post game is more realistic that any bball game made in history. PERIOD
Old 10-10-2008, 07:22 PM   #78
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagentleman76
bitter??? i aint bitter... they gave me 3 months full pay and 2000 bux they are a wonderful company to work for and i am just glad they gave me an opportunity...i am just sayin dis..i know bball from playin organized ball half my life and i dont anyone sayin i am 2k fanboy because iused to work for ea. so i really dont have a biased opinion and i obviously know bball (especially since i used to play point guard). NBA LIVE IS NOT A SIMULATION OF REAL BBALL. AND IT DESERVED EVERYBIT OF THE 7.5 REVIEW IT GOT. i gave both 2k9 and live 09 a chance and Live stunk, the players move like robots and look skinny (even shaq) it takes 10 seconds to pick up a loose ball and you call this real???? none of that happens in 2k9. Its silky smooth, the player models look great, and the post game is more realistic that any bball game made in history. PERIOD
Thanks for the opinions.

Im not sure what you're trying to achieve with your personal claimed accolades of being an organized SIM pure point guard but I'll stick with what's playing in my system, Thanks
Old 10-10-2008, 07:40 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldenaut
Live is still playing catch up. 2K9 is just a better game. I have both....Live for the kids and 2k9 for the adults.
I always figured the nostalgic older heads like myself were the ones who still play Live. The difference of maturity level between 2k and Live fans are definitely apparent.

Lol @ bitter ex employees -->

Last edited by Ballatician; 10-10-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:02 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballatician
I always figured the nostalgic older heads like myself were the ones who still play Live. The maturity level of 2k and Live fans are definitely apparent.

Lol @ bitter ex employees -->
As a parent I've had to search for a game that I could play with my kids, and NBA 2k9 is a little too complex for him to figure it out at 7. Actually my best bet has been NBA 09 and ive had a blast playing with him. His attention span pretty much regulates us to playing the mini games but when he goes to bed i find myself playing the life for 09 more than i do 2k9 which i thought would never happen.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »