Home

NBA Live 09 Review

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Review within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 03:45 PM   #65
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: NBA Live 09 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
If it makes you feel better I'd agree with you if this were the 2k9 forum.
That actually does provide some comfort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulZweber
lol, same, I wasn't sure if he knew which game was being discussed.
I misread the quoted post that Pared posted and thought the guy was talking about 2k's defense. I was sleepy. I hadn't had coffee yet. My shoes were untied. My dog ate it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2008, 06:48 AM   #66
Rookie

boldenaut's Arena

OVR: 2
Live is still playing catch up. 2K9 is just a better game. I have both....Live for the kids and 2k9 for the adults.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:12 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 1
I have been playing basketball since I was 7 and I have played organized ball for half my life..I also used to work for EA as a tech support rep. I have insight into the company's way of thinking and I can tell you as a former employee that Live is what it is. EA does not want to spend the money to rebuild the engine because of the money they have in various projects and I am sorry, being that I used to play organized ball, Live is not realistic AT ALL. Anyone that says it is has NEVER played organized ball. I got both but I am turning live in. Nba 2k9 is the closest thing I have ever played to real life ball, you actually have to think basketball to be good at this game. I am not a 2k fanboy but I gave both of them a chance and this game is better than last years Live but still is not on the level of 2k. EA is going to have to break bread and rebuild this game if they want to stand a chance. I am tired of my old company putting out this unrealistic, sizzling hot garbage year after year.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:34 PM   #68
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagentleman76
I have been playing basketball since I was 7 and I have played organized ball for half my life..I also used to work for EA as a tech support rep. I have insight into the company's way of thinking and I can tell you as a former employee that Live is what it is. EA does not want to spend the money to rebuild the engine because of the money they have in various projects and I am sorry, being that I used to play organized ball, Live is not realistic AT ALL. Anyone that says it is has NEVER played organized ball. I got both but I am turning live in. Nba 2k9 is the closest thing I have ever played to real life ball, you actually have to think basketball to be good at this game. I am not a 2k fanboy but I gave both of them a chance and this game is better than last years Live but still is not on the level of 2k. EA is going to have to break bread and rebuild this game if they want to stand a chance. I am tired of my old company putting out this unrealistic, sizzling hot garbage year after year.
You are going to have to prove yourself with a statement like that.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 10-10-2008, 02:23 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 1
prove it??? I worked at EA studios in Charlottesville VA from sept 2001 up to oct 2002...we did tech support for the ea.com website until they out sourced and closed down our facility... i still keep in touch with the higher ups that still work for the company. they also tested games at that facility...so no i am not lying..i did work for them and they are a wonderful company to work for but they just make unrealistic bball games. i would love to say that i worked for the company that makes the best bball game but that would be a lie. and as u can see..i dont lie.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:29 PM   #70
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldenaut
Live is still playing catch up. 2K9 is just a better game. I have both....Live for the kids and 2k9 for the adults.
hahahahaha...

you make yourself sound so big saying that...good for you Timmy!

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 10-10-2008, 02:43 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
that's just simply untrue my man.
No, what he said about the realism is completely true. Anyone who has played/been associated with basketball knows that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2008, 02:50 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagentleman76
prove it??? I worked at EA studios in Charlottesville VA from sept 2001 up to oct 2002...we did tech support for the ea.com website until they out sourced and closed down our facility... i still keep in touch with the higher ups that still work for the company. they also tested games at that facility...so no i am not lying..i did work for them and they are a wonderful company to work for but they just make unrealistic bball games. i would love to say that i worked for the company that makes the best bball game but that would be a lie. and as u can see..i dont lie.
Well, you convinced me.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »