Home

MLB '09: The Show - Always Room for Improvement

This is a discussion on MLB '09: The Show - Always Room for Improvement within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-08-2008, 08:47 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 6
I agree, but you have to give The Show credit... it has ALOT of details in it that make you go wow, that really happens. First time for me was when the beach ball wind up on the field. no reason for that to be in the except for the fact, and to steal from EA, "It's in the game" really puts you in the atmosphere. One other thing i would love to see, would be closers coming in out of hte bullpen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2008, 09:09 PM   #26
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11
Please fix the catchers gear. It looks TERRIBLE. It's been the same the last three years i owned the game.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:35 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: MLB '09: The Show - Always Room for Improvement

Dynamic lighting, HAS to be in this year.

Weather isn't a big deal, I'm not sure why people want this so much.

But yeah, I agree with playoff atmosphere. Got to get the towels in this year, and I'm not sure if they have this in or not now, BUT, would love to have different audio levels captured depending on the size of the crowd and playoff games...

Also have to get the crowd up with pitchers are pitching out of a jam and or have 2 strikes on a hitter.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:47 PM   #28
fpe
Rookie

OVR: 2
Stadium specific home run celebrations, i.e. fireworks, etc.. There is no excuse why these were left out, after all it is called "The Show". They even had them in the PS2 version.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:20 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
Dynamic lighting, HAS to be in this year.

Weather isn't a big deal, I'm not sure why people want this so much.

Weather is just as important as lighting in creating variation & realism. In fact weather creates different lighting, so both should be implemented together IMO.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:50 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapa17
can we please PLEASE have realistic body types for managers??? lou pinella, mike scioscia, and all the other big-gut managers haven't been that svelte in decades! and how about a team jacket on em instead of a plain uniform. it's been documented that terry francona has been asked to wear his uniform when managing. he argues that he has a circulatory problem that requires him to bundle up in the outer-wear jackets, etc. in other words, we should almost never see francona in a full bosox uni during a mound visit.

i know this is purely cosmetic, but when you're trying to immerse yourself in a fantasy world and the manager trots out there looking nothing like his real life counterpart, you're ripped from the fantasy! The Show does such a great job in most aspects, but when i see that lean lou pinella paying a mound visit, i suddenly realize that i'm not at wrigley; i'm in my boxers on my recliner at 3 a.m. playing a video game (LOSER!).

please don't remind me that i'm a loser!
I did forget to mention the ability to edit coaches bodies and names. Great point Hapa17. All year I wanted to edit the first and third base coaches on the Phillies to make them realistic.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:41 AM   #31
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Good stuff ...nice little write-up.
There are so many little things that would go towards making this(and every) game so much more in depth.
The great thing about SCEA(for The Show at least) is that the devs seem to be genuinely interested in what we gamers are looking for.
Thanks for keeping the spotlight on these "issues".

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2008, 10:51 AM   #32
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

Editing the coaches would be awesome! I hate having my third base coach wearing the same number as my starting catcher.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »