Home

MLB '09: The Show - Always Room for Improvement

This is a discussion on MLB '09: The Show - Always Room for Improvement within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-08-2008, 07:08 PM   #17
Pro

Revolution42's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: MLB '09: The Show - Always Room for Improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
great write-up and I agree 1000%. The only thing I would add is the roster management that is/was available in the ASB series. (Rule 5, option years, waivers,etc...)

Now that along with what you asked for would truly be the cat's meow.
Yes...I'm with ya on this..****le 5, options and waivers...40 man in September...these would all be great additions. As far as the article is concerned....very good, I would like to see all the enhancements that were mentioned.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:28 PM   #18
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
Quote:
great write-up and I agree 1000%. The only thing I would add is the roster management that is/was available in the ASB series. (Rule 5, option years, waivers,etc...)

I'd go for that too. Good additions.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:50 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3
Online leagues with friends AND CPU teams! I was doing this with High Heat Baseball back in 1999... games haven't advanced since then?
Old 10-08-2008, 08:19 PM   #20
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

It always amazed me that ASB 05 had a better franchise mode then the new games. I've said it before I would rather have the Rule 5, 10/5 no trade, waivers, etc. then have to worry about ticket prices and promotions.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:25 PM   #21
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
I agree with your improvements Kris.

I would also like to see Dynamic Lighting going from dusk to night, and lights coming on, etc.

I would also like them to improve the atrocious lag online, and make it a true online game, versus the p2p (peer to peer) 2-player mode over the web that it feels like. Especially not being able to select behind pitcher view when throwing to someone you play against.

It feels like a 2 player game on one console, just tunneled through the internet. Where it needs to be more like MVP and 2K where you can have any player angles set to your client, and someone else have their own.

Catchers throwing signs would also be a nice touch, ball and bat boys. And vendors walking isles, and collision detection in the field and breaking up the double play!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2008, 08:30 PM   #22
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
To add, I would like the ability to place players on the DL at will, claim off waivers, and have a 3-4 team trade!

Also, actual Minor League stadiums would be great, as well as overhauled Spring Training stadiums.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:32 PM   #23
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy2212
It always amazed me that ASB 05 had a better franchise mode then the new games. I've said it before I would rather have the Rule 5, 10/5 no trade, waivers, etc. then have to worry about ticket prices and promotions.
same here my friend, same here.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 10-08-2008, 08:34 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 28

Yea great write up def. My only gripes with the game were all mentioned in the article. I thing the only thing left out was the fact that mlb 09 needs a MO CAP overhaul. Like running, hitting, and pitching. I think it all looks last gen with the exception of the batters and pitchers sig stuff that was done in 08.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »