Home

MLB '09: The Show - Always Room for Improvement

This is a discussion on MLB '09: The Show - Always Room for Improvement within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-08-2008, 03:47 PM   #9
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: MLB '09: The Show - Always Room for Improvement

Nice little article Chris.

There is plenty of things to improve on 08 (despite its greatness) and im 100% sure SCEA will be scanning these boards as ever looking at what the people want.

Roll on March
Old 10-08-2008, 04:45 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5
can we please PLEASE have realistic body types for managers??? lou pinella, mike scioscia, and all the other big-gut managers haven't been that svelte in decades! and how about a team jacket on em instead of a plain uniform. it's been documented that terry francona has been asked to wear his uniform when managing. he argues that he has a circulatory problem that requires him to bundle up in the outer-wear jackets, etc. in other words, we should almost never see francona in a full bosox uni during a mound visit.

i know this is purely cosmetic, but when you're trying to immerse yourself in a fantasy world and the manager trots out there looking nothing like his real life counterpart, you're ripped from the fantasy! The Show does such a great job in most aspects, but when i see that lean lou pinella paying a mound visit, i suddenly realize that i'm not at wrigley; i'm in my boxers on my recliner at 3 a.m. playing a video game (LOSER!).

please don't remind me that i'm a loser!
Old 10-08-2008, 04:45 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 32
Great article - great points - great game. I agree with all points made here and would like to also see eye black to be added, along with real time animated flags in the outfield indicating wind speed, direction etc. I would also like to see the uni options to include really baggy outfits (like those worn by Manny, E.Gagne & P.Fielder for ex.) in order to really capture the look of alot of players currently.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2008, 04:46 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 14
I could care less about sunglasses and sleaves. The catcher tossing his mask would be cool to see but I think the major additions should be Dynamic Sun (go from sunny to dark or move the sun to bring out the late game shadows), Weather and 40 man rosters.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:01 PM   #13
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by e0820
I could care less about sunglasses and sleaves. The catcher tossing his mask would be cool to see but I think the major additions should be Dynamic Sun (go from sunny to dark or move the sun to bring out the late game shadows), Weather and 40 man rosters.
yes lighting and tossing the mask are two big things but equipment...that needs to be more realistic...look at some of the stuff players wear during the games....right Carew?...we play the game good but lets make the little details better haha

Old 10-08-2008, 05:25 PM   #14
Rookie

mjh91's Arena

OVR: 7

I agree with everything. I hope they re-evaluate the Post Season; beef up the crowd (make it noisier) make it noticeable that this isn't the Regular Season. In Franchise, let us pick which uniforms we want to wear that game. Rain delays, different scheduled times in Franchise (not 1 or 7). More choices for equipment.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:04 PM   #15
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
great write-up and I agree 1000%. The only thing I would add is the roster management that is/was available in the ASB series. (Rule 5, option years, waivers,etc...)

Now that along with what you asked for would truly be the cat's meow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2008, 07:01 PM   #16
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19

how about getting rid of the ivisible walls to dug outs, etc... so that not only we can see the players actually going in after an inning but mabye once in a blue moon have a player make a diving, or sliding catch into the dugouts, camera pens, and hey even the stands.. that would be cool

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »