Home

MLB '09: The Show - Always Room for Improvement

This is a discussion on MLB '09: The Show - Always Room for Improvement within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-08-2008, 02:11 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB '09: The Show - Always Room for Improvement

Even though the baseball postseason is in full swing, it is never too early to start thinking ahead to next year's baseball games. MLB '09: The Show will be hitting store shelves in approximately 6 months and our own Kris Watson is anticipating the games release with a new article MLB '09: The Show - Always Room for Improvement.

Quote:
"In my franchise, Game 5 of the Division Series has just ended and the Tampa Bay Rays have just won its third game, moving the squad one step closer to the American League Championship. This should be a joyous time for a gamer. I'll now be able to sit back and watch the dugout and bullpen empty, as they all run at full speed waving their hands and tossing their gloves off as they engulf closer Troy Percival on the mound. However, there's one huge problem here. The cut-scene begins and lasts for about two seconds before the normal "end of game" summary is given by Matt Vasgersian. I think I noticed what seemed to be my Rays, but unfortunately I must have blinked just once, which made me miss the whole celebration."

Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2008, 02:18 PM   #2
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26
Great write-up Kris..I agree with all the additions and gripes you bring to the forefront.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:22 PM   #3
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
Great write-up Kris..I agree with all the additions and gripes you bring to the forefront.
I agree, most of these additions would be cool minor tweaks to the game to add so much to the atmosphere and depth. The weather stuff I would especially love to see.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:30 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 29
BINGO!! if you dig up a post from about a week ago I did tittled "How to pimp MLB the Show up" theres similar points,

The show is a Ferrari, So why is it covered in the body of a Dodge Viper
Old 10-08-2008, 03:09 PM   #5
Pro

magoo1967's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: MLB '09: The Show - Always Room for Improvement

Good article, I definitely agree that the post season celebrations are somewhat lacking. As the author stated, after playing through a grueling 162 game season, it would be nice to see more of a "big deal" made when your team advances in the playoffs (perhaps even some "wallowing in tears" if you lose).

On a whole I'd love to see the entire post season atmosphere tweaked to make it feel "bigger" than the regular season games. Perhaps some beefed-up pre & post game presentations that only happen during the playoffs. It might even be cool to add one or two "national" broadcasters to the booth just for the post season play by play (not saying to get rid of Matt necessarily, but perhaps add a couple of the Fox, TBS or ESPN guys to make it seem more authentic).

Lastly I would love to see them add a separate Post Season mode, where we can set up the brackets with any 8 teams we choose & then have the ability to play out or simulate whichever games we want to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2008, 03:11 PM   #6
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
It's too late in the development cycle for most of these to be included if they are not already working on them. I expect changing weather, sunsets, and mascots to be in MLB 09. I'm not sure what elese they will fit in this year. I'd be happy to not have the roster changing glitch that causes users to have to start a Franchise, simulate Spring Training, and back out to change between minor league and major league rosters. You've listed out some good ideas. Presentation is key when someone is planning on playing through whole MLB seasons of a game.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:20 PM   #7
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
I'm a huge baseball gaming fan and the one thing I want more than anything is a true zone hitting system or an accurate cursor hitting system. I prefer zone.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:35 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
I agree with Skyboxer, cursor hitting system is so awesome.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »