Home

What NBA 2K Needs to Do to Step Up Its Online Game

This is a discussion on What NBA 2K Needs to Do to Step Up Its Online Game within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-07-2008, 05:31 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: What NBA 2K Needs to Do to Step Up Its Online Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense Wins Games
That's why they invented the double team. There is no such thing as unstoppable. Otherwise, you would've figured that out and just used the Cavs yourself and have an undefeated record. All you guys do is whine. Find ways to counteract it. I've fared fine in online play against everything you've stated. I have no problem with my opponent doing whatever he can to win. But then I'm also gonna do everything I can to win. I've had people pause my FTs at the end of close games. That's not something I'd do, but I can understand why some people would do that.
You understand why some people do that because you are a fellow exploit abuser. Do you think that in a real game, when a FT could determine the game, that someone can just push a pause button and the person will miss? No, you leave it up to how much arc the person puts on their shot, whether or not the ball doesn't slip out of their hands, etc. So many things can go into a real game FT being made or not.

Not that I would expect you to understand that. You think the double team exploit is a legit defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2008, 05:39 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 16
Great Example DaVe! People like that will never see it our way, and therefor will never play the game it was meant to be played. This is a game, it is meant to be fun. You don't have to win every time, and in fact, I would rather lose a close game than win a blowout, it makes for a much more entertaining and dramatic game. I do not want to score 50 a game with someone just because it can be done, or because I will win a VIDEO GAME. Bottom line, it's a game, winning isn't everything. Mature gamers realize this, and hopefully the younger ones eventually will.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:00 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 4
stop playing those weak lobby games and join a real league..og i forgot most people dont know how to play real sim********
Old 10-07-2008, 08:03 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DaVe-

^So that's the kind of double team exploit you want me to pull?
When you face crap like that you don't feel like you're being cheated?

And lol@ you getting so angry about this thread.
So easily avoidable. You can see him planning to do that a mile away. That's not really an exploit. And anyone that falls for it deserves to lose.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:05 PM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum1
Yes, it is about winning. But it's also about playing the game the right way. Not about giving the ball to Kobe and running back and forth (like a ******) and bumping into defenders until the dunk animation kicks in.

Hope I never ever come across you online. You have no idea how to play the game the way it should be played.
"Playing the game the right way" is a cliche you're misunderstanding. People always utter those words because usually it does lead to winning. So really in essence, playing the game the right way means playing to win. Who are you to say what's right and what's wrong? A person purchases the game to play it however he wishes.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:07 PM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum1
You understand why some people do that because you are a fellow exploit abuser. Do you think that in a real game, when a FT could determine the game, that someone can just push a pause button and the person will miss? No, you leave it up to how much arc the person puts on their shot, whether or not the ball doesn't slip out of their hands, etc. So many things can go into a real game FT being made or not.

Not that I would expect you to understand that. You think the double team exploit is a legit defense.
Nope. How the hell do you know how I play? Double teaming is part of the game. If you can't fight through it, settle for an easier game like NBA Live. That's the game for amateurs like yourself. Tired of you pansies that whine about every little thing. Nothing is unstoppable. Just because you can't stop it doesn't mean it's unstoppable. It just means you either don't try hard enough or you just suck. Period. End of discussion. Return the game.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:12 PM   #71
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulZweber
Great Example DaVe! People like that will never see it our way, and therefor will never play the game it was meant to be played. This is a game, it is meant to be fun. You don't have to win every time, and in fact, I would rather lose a close game than win a blowout, it makes for a much more entertaining and dramatic game. I do not want to score 50 a game with someone just because it can be done, or because I will win a VIDEO GAME. Bottom line, it's a game, winning isn't everything. Mature gamers realize this, and hopefully the younger ones eventually will.
You couldn't even score 50 a game on me with an entire team much less one player. From all your complaining, I can tell you're one of those whining 15-17 year olds that thinks he's among the "older" crowd. Why the hell do you play a ranked competitive game if not to win? If you want to play for fun, you play offline or you play an unranked game. You don't get it. Some people are weak and soft. They can't rough it up with the best. You're one of these people. Your mind is so weak you can't bring your game up to our level. Just physically impossible. So you just whine and whine and whine hoping the developers will hear you and cater to your every whim. If you don't want your opponent to score with one player then send all 5 damn players at him. Double team him. Let someone else score. See you're playing 5-on-5 defense and you expect your opponent not to utilize his best player when he's only being guarded 1-on-1? If LeBron received 1-on-1 coverage all game in real life, he'd probably average 50 a game.

60 bucks says none of you even read my whole post. Because I've said numerous things over and over again that you "Sim" players still haven't responded to or acknowledged.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2008, 10:33 AM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense Wins Games
How do you know how I play? You have never seen me play. I use strategies that I know my opponent will have difficulty stopping. I use different strategies depending on the team I play against and the person I play against. THAT's SPORTS. You use all the tools available to you in the game. If you want to blame someone, blame the developers. It's not like I'm using some sort of 3rd party hack to get an upper hand. You have every tool I have. If you want to stop the dunks, GUARD THE FCKN PAINT. See all you people do is whine because you want to play how you see it on TV. Well that will never happen. If the defense allowed LeBron to dunk on every play, he would in real life. And that's what I do in the game. Until you shut down the drive (which you can do, believe it or not, but you probably don't cause you suck), I'm gonna keep driving. If you can clog the driving lanes or send double teams, I'm gonna have to adjust my game plan and start raining 3's. You're one of those slow-thinkers that can't stand a fast-paced game. Gives you headaches because you have slow reflexes and you think slowly and narrowly. You don't know how to work around things. You don't know how to analyze a problem and find a solution. You think basketball is just the basketball you see. There's X's and O's behind the scenes you don't know about. Check Bowen out. In real life, if the ref doesn't call flagrants or techs on the antics he does, he's gonna keep doing them. Look at Shaq. He threw those elbows at the defender for years and got a dunk every time. Until the refs started cracking down on it. And now it's an offensive foul. Look at the flopping. I've seen Ginobili run behind Garnett and intentionally fall down. And the foul was called on Garnett and he wasn't even moving. See, in real life, people do what they can to win. Even the best of them, Jordan pushed off Russell to get free for his final shot as a Bull. Kobe would elbow his defender after he shoots the ball until he got suspended for it.

I play AND watch basketball. People will do all kinds of things to win. Those are things a game can't capture. So they leave things a little more loose. See people like you want a slow-down game because you can't keep up with a fast paced game. You're both too stupid and just physically incapable of keeping up with the best.
You tell us how you play, you tell us you use exploits and do whatever it takes to win. Ever heard of sportsmanship? Nope, didn't think so. Ever hear of playing a video game for fun? Nope, didn't think so. You can't stop dunks by planting someone in the paint, it doesn't work that way. If the D allowed Lebron to dunk every time, he wouldn't. He would get bored and want a challenge, like all great competitors. Why do you think he worked on his jumper so much? So he isn't another ONE DIMENSIONSAL PLAYER. I can't stand a fast pace game, now you know me and how I play? I love to use a fast pace team against my roomates, when we specify a cheese game. I have slow reflexes? Ok dude. To say that there is Xs and Os behind the scenes I don't know about is laughable. Dude, I played basketball my whole life(24 years-AAU, High School, College), I refereed for 3 years, and I have been coaching the last 4, and I don't know the Xs and Os? Honestly, I think you need to go back to school, because if you don't know the difference between mental and physical then you got a tough road ahead of you in life. You have proven your (lack of) intelligence over and over, leave it be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »