Home

What NBA 2K Needs to Do to Step Up Its Online Game

This is a discussion on What NBA 2K Needs to Do to Step Up Its Online Game within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-07-2008, 04:01 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: What NBA 2K Needs to Do to Step Up Its Online Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense Wins Games
I don't have to abuse one player to win. I scored 71 with Durant cause the kid I was playing pissed me off. And nothing annoys people more than a one man show. Especially when the player has a what, 80 or so rating? You still don't get it, do you, kid? You use what works until it stops working. You force the defense to adjust. How many times do I have to say it before you understand this? If you have to complain, you suck. End of story.
Ok so I suck because I don't feel like implementing the double team exploit in my game plan....hmm ok
I'll just let the mods deal with your angry posts...
Old 10-07-2008, 04:07 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulZweber
You sound like you are 12 years old. I am done arguing with you. Cardinal, you know what I am saying, along with most of the 20+ age gamers here. I coach a basketball team, I use strategy and plays, no one runs around like a chicken with there head chopped off trying to get to the rim. That is just the game. Passing moves the ball faster than dribbling. Simple fact. That is why Lead Pass works so well, unfortunatly, the accuracy is too high to deter players from throwing it up the court, and defense doesn't get back quick enough.
You sound like you're 16 years old trying to sound old and feel like 16 is a large enough number to feel old about.

I know full well how to play basketball. We're talking about the video game here. You're still not getting this through your thick ignorant skull. The reason nobody runs around the rim looking for a dunk in real life is because if they do, they'll get stuck in the paint with nowhere to get because of a well-placed double-team OR the ball is stripped. Both of which you can do in the game. Don't try to explain how to play basketball to me. Probably know more than you do. But we're talking about the damn video game. And you're taking a hit on players for doing everything they can to win that is allowable in the game without cheating. Your kind of reasoning is as stupid as the "No Dunking" rule instituted in college basketball because Kareem dominated too much with it. If you want things played a certain way, why don't you play offline against yourself. That way you can control pretty much the whole game and play it just the way you like it little buddy. Games won't perfectly mimic real life gameplay. It just will never happen ever. Instead of blaming the players for doing what they can to win, blame the developers for not making a game that lives up to your expectations. Because for all you know, half of the people you've played against have never played real life basketball. So they're just doing what they think they're supposed to do. And in the game there is only one objective: to score more points than your opponent. You need to learn not to be so narrow-minded and self-righteous like a damn Republican.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:09 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DaVe-
Ok so I suck because I don't feel like implementing the double team exploit in my game plan....hmm ok
I'll just let the mods deal with your angry posts...
Listen to this moron. He thinks using a double team is cheating. Some of you are unbelievable and just whine for the sake of whining. Grow up and grow a pair. You're either 40+ year olds who just can't change. Or teenagers that just sit there and pout when things aren't going their way instead of finding a solution.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:10 PM   #60
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Classic Pot calling the Kettle Black posts in here lol.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:31 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 16
On a different, more mature subject, any SIM gamer that wants to play, my GT is the same as this name, and I am looking for good oppponents to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2008, 05:07 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Listen to this moron. He thinks using a double team is cheating. Some of you are unbelievable and just whine for the sake of whining. Grow up and grow a pair. You're either 40+ year olds who just can't change. Or teenagers that just sit there and pout when things aren't going their way instead of finding a solution.

^So that's the kind of double team exploit you want me to pull?
When you face crap like that you don't feel like you're being cheated?

And lol@ you getting so angry about this thread.

Last edited by -DaVe-; 10-07-2008 at 05:10 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:22 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
I don't have to abuse one player to win. I scored 71 with Durant cause the kid I was playing pissed me off. And nothing annoys people more than a one man show. Especially when the player has a what, 80 or so rating? You still don't get it, do you, kid? You use what works until it stops working. You force the defense to adjust. How many times do I have to say it before you understand this? If you have to complain, you suck. End of story.
OR, you have people with legit reasons to be complaining. Real, true sim players that want to play a game as close as possible to the real thing, should not have to resort to cheating tactics to pick up a win. It's not the way to play the game, it just isn't fun and how anyone could actually back it up is ludicrous.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:24 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Then play offline or unranked games. Because ranked games are ranked for a reason. It's about winning.
Yes, it is about winning. But it's also about playing the game the right way. Not about giving the ball to Kobe and running back and forth (like a ******) and bumping into defenders until the dunk animation kicks in.

Hope I never ever come across you online. You have no idea how to play the game the way it should be played.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »