Home

What NBA 2K Needs to Do to Step Up Its Online Game

This is a discussion on What NBA 2K Needs to Do to Step Up Its Online Game within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-07-2008, 11:46 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: What NBA 2K Needs to Do to Step Up Its Online Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense Wins Games
Why would I hold back so the game is more fun for YOU? I'm gonna do what I can to win. Your job is to try and stop me. Tired of seeing dunks? Guard the fckn paint. You don't get it do you? There is no "cheesing". There's whining though. The offense takes what the defense gives them. If you're gonna give me dunks, I'm gonna dunk. If you clog the paint, I'm gonna shoot jumpers. The thing is most players will just whine about the dunks but not think to just lock down the paint. Durant would score 70 if the defense sucked bad. It doesn't matter how many shots they take in real life because you're not playing against a real life defense. If everybody played tight on every player and gave Jefferson single-coverage. You better bet that they're gonna dump the ball into Jefferson every time down the floor until they stop him. The defense has to adjust with either a double team or front the post and try to deflect the post-entry. The way the game is supposed to be played is to play to the best of your ability. You play to win. If you're not playing to win, you shouldn't be playing.

Oh you think it's that simple right to just clog up the paint ...NOPE... Lebron could still plow through the paint and get a dunk every single time man.....
There's also that standing dunk that is basically unstoppable...Wiggling your joy stick around the court to get in the paint to get the standing dunk animation is just freaking lame...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2008, 11:47 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DaVe-
Trust me , I've adjusted but the Lebron's of the world will still find a way to score there 40-50 points a game....
No matter what defense yout put out there...
There's also times where there's a cheeser that just makes every single three ....you can have the tightest defense and they'll still make the 3's
so it's not really about the skill level of the guy that complains its the engine
You're just not good. You can't help it. It's not just about offense vs. defense. Consider tempo and styles. For me, when I notice a guy tends to pressure/trap/fast break, I'll slow it down to get a good high % shot every time down. I won't rush and I don't give him opportunities to pick off any passes. And I always make sure I have two guys back to prevent any fast break opportunities. No way LeBron drops 50 on me. And how is it cheesing if the guy's making every single three? How about contesting some shots? I doubt you could pull off the same things on offense that he's doing. If you could, you wouldn't be whining about it.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:50 AM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Oh you think it's that simple right to just clog up the paint ...NOPE... Lebron could still plow through the paint and get a dunk every single time man.....
There's also that standing dunk that is basically unstoppable...Wiggling your joy stick around the court to get in the paint to get the standing dunk animation is just freaking lame...
That's why they invented the double team. There is no such thing as unstoppable. Otherwise, you would've figured that out and just used the Cavs yourself and have an undefeated record. All you guys do is whine. Find ways to counteract it. I've fared fine in online play against everything you've stated. I have no problem with my opponent doing whatever he can to win. But then I'm also gonna do everything I can to win. I've had people pause my FTs at the end of close games. That's not something I'd do, but I can understand why some people would do that.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:51 AM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
You're just not good. You can't help it. It's not just about offense vs. defense. Consider tempo and styles. For me, when I notice a guy tends to pressure/trap/fast break, I'll slow it down to get a good high % shot every time down. I won't rush and I don't give him opportunities to pick off any passes. And I always make sure I have two guys back to prevent any fast break opportunities. No way LeBron drops 50 on me. And how is it cheesing if the guy's making every single three? How about contesting some shots? I doubt you could pull off the same things on offense that he's doing. If you could, you wouldn't be whining about it.
So it's my fault that I can't stop exploits eventhough I try as hard as I can on defense to stop it?
A exploit is a exploit man ...that's something the developers can stop
Old 10-07-2008, 11:59 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
So it's my fault that I can't stop exploits eventhough I try as hard as I can on defense to stop it?
A exploit is a exploit man ...that's something the developers can stop
Yes. If other people have found ways around it and you can't, then it's your fault. That's what separates those that suck and those that are good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2008, 12:50 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Yes. If other people have found ways around it and you can't, then it's your fault. That's what separates those that suck and those that are good.

Yea because they found exploits to combat the other players exploit...
Funny you think I suck when you have to abuse one player to win...
Old 10-07-2008, 01:12 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1

Couldn't have said it better myself. They have a bunch of "Clay Aiken's" online and they play on superstar to do all the gay brokeback mountain stuff they like to do. Hall of Fame isn't perfect but it limits the b.s.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:26 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 16
Unbelievable. Defense Wins Games - you obviously have no concept of the game of basketball, and how it is played. You have no idea what an exploit is. What you talk about isn't a strategy, or skill, or being good at a game. It is taking advantage of something that isn't meant to be played that way. I am not going to stop playing like a REAL NBA TEAM, just because you can't play and win a game the way it was meant to be played. I find no joy in playing with Lebron, scoring 100 and winning, but I love scoring 20 with him and losing. It is about the experience isn't it? Are you getting paid to play video games online? Are you going to lose your job if you lose? You badmouth our skills when it is so clear that you are the one who can't play the sticks. To run one guy up and down the court is not basketball, and involves no skill. Standing under the hoop, jumping straight up, and dunking the ball, without a foul or block, is HIGHLY unlikely. That isn't basketball, and shouldn't be exploited. I doubt very much that you would be able to beat me, it isn't hard to beat CHEESERS like you, it is just a pain in the *** and not much fun to play. Same thing with Madden, a sim strategy overcomes glitches and exploits. When you want to step up your game to play the way the game was meant, the way the professionals play, then good luck to you. Until then, have fun getting beat and hated on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »