Home

What NBA 2K Needs to Do to Step Up Its Online Game

This is a discussion on What NBA 2K Needs to Do to Step Up Its Online Game within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-07-2008, 06:13 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
What the article fails to mention, is that the patch - which came out soon after the game was released - was the cause of many of these issues.

edit: although it was good the patch did fix the DT glitch and add off the ball controls, which were the only things needing fixing.

Last edited by alldayy; 10-07-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:57 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 9
Don't be rippin on 2k 'mon.....I gots my Bob Marley and I be Kingin' today 'mon...Yeah, some of those issues need to be addressed...I think the best way to play is against VIP profiles anyways..It is like a half-human/half-CPU opponent experience.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:48 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: What NBA 2K Needs to Do to Step Up Its Online Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by alldayy
What the article fails to mention, is that the patch - which came out soon after the game was released - was the cause of many of these issues.
You mean the patch that fixed the double-team + steal glitch? "Sim" players started whining about it so it was patched. Then "Sim" players started whining about "missed layups" so 2k upped the sliders on layups. They have to cater to these people because most people that buy the game aren't pros. They don't really know how to play. Most people that whine do it because they suck. They just don't know they suck. They're incapable of getting better. Too bad I don't have the time to get this game and play it. I love pounding on whiners. Sometimes I'll have someone message me saying I "cheese" or telling me to stop abusing a certain player. Well, if you're not gonna double team the player doing all the scoring, he's gonna FCKN keep scoring just like he would in real life. If teams didn't double and triple Jordan back in the day, he'd average 50 a game. And he'd probably do it on all dunks. The defense has to adjust. They need to rotate on time into the paint and let him beat you with other players. But anyway if people call me out on "cheesing" that just gives me more incentive to keep using that player. One time, I was pounding a guy with the Sonics. He said I was "cheesing" Durant. So I scored like 71 with Durant. 5 minute quarters btw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2008, 10:55 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 8

^ Wow @ that post...
The defense was basically non existant in last year's game ....you have the advantage of taking advantage of that by abusing the kobe's, lebron's , yao's of the world...
Old 10-07-2008, 10:59 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DaVe-
^ Wow @ that post...
The defense was basically non existant in last year's game ....you have the advantage of taking advantage of that by abusing the kobe's, lebron's , yao's of the world...
Absolutely untrue. If you suck, you won't be able to adjust. But pros can adjust and be able to defend against any offensive strategy. If you whine about "cheese" you have no business playing online. You're just not good enough to be able to counteract certain strategies. You need practice.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:27 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 16
You guys are pretty pathetic. You play the game not how it was meant to play, but the opposite of how the real NBA game is played? Most people on here talk about how much basketball knowledge they have, then clearly prove themselves wrong in the next sentence. If Jefferson is scoring in the post every time, he does not get 60 shots a game. The rest of the team would not have it, they are payed money to play too. If Kobe is double or triple teamed, he finds Odom or Gasol or Fisher, because they are OPEN. You are going to play a 2-3 against a pick and roll? Good luck, the middle is wide open for a pull up, and if the center comes to guard it, the rolling post will be wide open. You don't like people calling you a cheeser? Play the game how it was meant to be played, and how the real game is played. That is why people are sim players, not because we suck. We like to keep the realism of the game while we have control of it. Believe it or not, people shoot jumpers in the NBA. Very few players score 50+ in a game, and to score over 70 with Durrant is dumb. It is not fun for me, and many others I know, to play a game with one player scoring. It takes no real strategy, and it just pisses people off. Good luck to you guys playing with your chedder, you won't be playing me!
Old 10-07-2008, 11:41 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense Wins Games
Absolutely untrue. If you suck, you won't be able to adjust. But pros can adjust and be able to defend against any offensive strategy. If you whine about "cheese" you have no business playing online. You're just not good enough to be able to counteract certain strategies. You need practice.

Trust me , I've adjusted but the Lebron's of the world will still find a way to score there 40-50 points a game....
No matter what defense yout put out there...
There's also times where there's a cheeser that just makes every single three ....you can have the tightest defense and they'll still make the 3's
so it's not really about the skill level of the guy that complains its the engine
Old 10-07-2008, 11:42 AM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulZweber
You guys are pretty pathetic. You play the game not how it was meant to play, but the opposite of how the real NBA game is played? Most people on here talk about how much basketball knowledge they have, then clearly prove themselves wrong in the next sentence. If Jefferson is scoring in the post every time, he does not get 60 shots a game. The rest of the team would not have it, they are payed money to play too. If Kobe is double or triple teamed, he finds Odom or Gasol or Fisher, because they are OPEN. You are going to play a 2-3 against a pick and roll? Good luck, the middle is wide open for a pull up, and if the center comes to guard it, the rolling post will be wide open. You don't like people calling you a cheeser? Play the game how it was meant to be played, and how the real game is played. That is why people are sim players, not because we suck. We like to keep the realism of the game while we have control of it. Believe it or not, people shoot jumpers in the NBA. Very few players score 50+ in a game, and to score over 70 with Durrant is dumb. It is not fun for me, and many others I know, to play a game with one player scoring. It takes no real strategy, and it just pisses people off. Good luck to you guys playing with your chedder, you won't be playing me!
Why would I hold back so the game is more fun for YOU? I'm gonna do what I can to win. Your job is to try and stop me. Tired of seeing dunks? Guard the fckn paint. You don't get it do you? There is no "cheesing". There's whining though. The offense takes what the defense gives them. If you're gonna give me dunks, I'm gonna dunk. If you clog the paint, I'm gonna shoot jumpers. The thing is most players will just whine about the dunks but not think to just lock down the paint. Durant would score 70 if the defense sucked bad. It doesn't matter how many shots they take in real life because you're not playing against a real life defense. If everybody played tight on every player and gave Jefferson single-coverage. You better bet that they're gonna dump the ball into Jefferson every time down the floor until they stop him. The defense has to adjust with either a double team or front the post and try to deflect the post-entry. The way the game is supposed to be played is to play to the best of your ability. You play to win. If you're not playing to win, you shouldn't be playing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »