Home

What NBA 2K Needs to Do to Step Up Its Online Game

This is a discussion on What NBA 2K Needs to Do to Step Up Its Online Game within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-06-2008, 09:53 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: What NBA 2K Needs to Do to Step Up Its Online Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcity t
That my friends is the problem with online. I run with Minnesota. With my knowledge of post moves, I'm gonna give the ball to Jefferson because that is my star player, but unlike your logic, I'm not gonna cheese pass to him.

I play to win but I can also play without abusing exploits. For the most part, I disagree with most sim players about taking jumpers every time down court as I like to set my jumper up by using post moves.I can literally score every point in the paint off backdoor cuts, up and unders, and layups and make it look realistic. Watch that 3rd video and see how the ballhandler was being "sucked" into animations. Makes NO sense.
Duh. If you don't play to win, why play? If LeBron started taking more jumpers and driving less just so he could look more well-rounded and interesting, I'm gonna stop watching him play. Why? Because he's holding back. He's altering his game to satisfy viewers instead of playing to win. Winning is what counts. You could win by 50 on all dunks or win by 1 at the buzzer with a game-winning mid-range fadeaway. Who gives a crap? You're a bunch of babies. I can't believe you guys are actually basketball fans. When I'm playing a REAL game of ball (which from I can tell, you whiners probably don't do) and I got a smaller guy guarding me. I'm gonna post him up all game or call for lobs toward the paint. I bet if he'd have been one of you whining fools, you'd be yelling cheese on the court. HAHA! I woulda just died laughing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2008, 10:38 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

And in "real life," if you call for lobs in the paint over and over again, a good defense is going to deflect and intercept those passes over and over again.

That's why most entry passes in "real life" are made outside the paint, to a player who's posting up with his back to the basket.

But thanks to the lead passing exploit, there's not a chance of those weak lobs getting deflected/intercepted in NBA 2K8.

And if NBA 2K9 does what its developers have promised, all of this will be a moot issue come tomorrow.

Last edited by jyoung; 10-06-2008 at 10:42 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:40 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
And in "real life," if you call for the lob pass in the paint over and over again, a good defense is going to deflect and intercept those passes over and over again.

But thanks to the lead passing exploit, there's not a chance of those passes getting deflected/intercepted in NBA 2K8.

If NBA 2K9 does what it's developers have promised, all of this will be a moot issue come tomorrow.
EXACTLY! The defense has to adjust. Sure a few get through. But less would get through if the defense adjusts to the offensive scheme. But some of you whiners don't get that.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:47 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1
Ppl who call others cheesers make me sick. Is it really that hard to counter an attack. Lebron wants 50, he gotta do it over 2 ppl simple. Jefferson in the paint shooting hooks all game, my player with best stl rating takes the ball. Pick and roll all game,im running a 2-3 as soon as u sit the pick then switch back to man while also playing under the rim with my biggest player.

Ppl talk about being realistic but i play ball and if we see you can't handle the press then we gonna press all game and watch u throw me da ball just like on da game.

Fatigue is really not an issue bc in real life kids play ball all game without getting tired and u gonna tell me a trained athlete is tired. If u play me i guarantee your ppl will be tired unless u call timeouts and if u dont sub they start to miss layups and gimme jumpers. 2k leave fatigue where it is bc these guys dont know bball
Old 10-06-2008, 11:25 PM   #29
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34
ture but i play in a league so half the stuff that happen online doesnt bother me because i dont play.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:36 PM   #30
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Would it make EVERYONE happy if they just put "NBA 2K9 Basketball Game" on the back of the box?

And LOL @ some of the people in here getting offended by another person's style of play.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:24 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscpaperboy
Ppl who call others cheesers make me sick. Is it really that hard to counter an attack. Lebron wants 50, he gotta do it over 2 ppl simple. Jefferson in the paint shooting hooks all game, my player with best stl rating takes the ball. Pick and roll all game,im running a 2-3 as soon as u sit the pick then switch back to man while also playing under the rim with my biggest player.

Ppl talk about being realistic but i play ball and if we see you can't handle the press then we gonna press all game and watch u throw me da ball just like on da game.

Fatigue is really not an issue bc in real life kids play ball all game without getting tired and u gonna tell me a trained athlete is tired. If u play me i guarantee your ppl will be tired unless u call timeouts and if u dont sub they start to miss layups and gimme jumpers. 2k leave fatigue where it is bc these guys dont know bball
Exactly. I'm tired of all these "cheese" complaints. That's what separates just regular old players from the great online players. The pros can get through anything. If you press and trap me, I'm gonna get open 3's and find ways into the lane. I'm gonna have 5-on-3 every time down if you're gonna full court press. There's a strategy for everything. Instead of crying cheese either stay offline and play the CPU, or learn and get better. Make an amateur league and play in that if you whine about cheese. Because that's the only place you'll be happy. It's like people in the rec centers that are so short that they can't really compete at a high level against most players. So they made a solution instead of sitting there and whining about how tall everyone is. They made a 6'0 and under league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2008, 02:37 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 9
It really amazes me how some ppl get outraged about a videogame. What u got some money on the line?. All jokes aside, most of these were negated if u knew how to expose it. With the exception of the pick and roll lead pass, most of it wasn't a major problem escept for the dunks in traffic, You could slow most of these down, but u couldn't really stop the dunking with great dunkers.

Also another problem was the stupidity of the ai, lack of movement, and auto run of plays. Auto run of plays because most ppl would not run plays. Thr problem with 2k8 was unless u called a play, the cpu tended to stand there.
ICON LEAD PASSING kills the press and auto dbl teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »