Home

What NBA 2K Needs to Do to Step Up Its Online Game

This is a discussion on What NBA 2K Needs to Do to Step Up Its Online Game within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-06-2008, 03:48 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: What NBA 2K Needs to Do to Step Up Its Online Game

seriously..I don't give an ish about online
Old 10-06-2008, 03:57 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2
You have valid points. But gamers find ways around it. I have found ways to stop these problems. You just have a adapt to how that player is playing you. It also amazes me that you didn't even talk about the worst one there was which makes me think you hardly gave it a fair shot. The Pick N' Roll bug was the WORST. If you had someone with a 90 or better dunk and a elite big man it was almost impossible to stop. Pick at the top of the key and if your stud couldn't get to his dunking animation in time you would always be able to chuck it inside to the picker who has since rolled downlow and get you "standing dunk"

All I did was play online and usually had great opponents.

IMO this is a good article. But you gotta finds ways around what people are doing to you online. Find a good player that has a good REP and a good disconnect percentage and you will always have a good game. I played no one under 80%. I was deeply satisfied with the leagues I was in even though the rate of the completing was almost zero. People will always find ways to exploit the game. They should be penalized for using the tactic but damn, it should start with the Developers and the testers for the games. It's their fault it's in the game.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:01 PM   #11
Rookie

swetooth9's Arena

OVR: 3
I know the lead pass if fixed in 2k9 b/c the players' hands are better this year at picking off balls in the passing lanes...dunno about the double team glitch and foul-line dunks yet though
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2008, 04:10 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 16
If you played on Hall of Fame where the real ballers play that BS would have been eliminated.

You could actually body Kobe up on Hall of Fame.
Gasol would get his shot blocked or miss if you played good D.
You could also get the strip.

The double team bug was fixed during one of the first patches.

If you know how to run the point you should have no problem with the press. People that press all day don't know what they are doing.
You have to control the tempo.

I can't stress enough for you to stay away from the superstar level online..
Hall of Fame actually forces you to set up plays and take good shots because the layup is not automatic.

It's almost harder to score in the paint.
which it should be. Hall of Fame rewards you for contesting shots. .

Superstar level is for the Live Fans. Hall Of Fame is for true 2K Ballers.

Step your game up to the top room.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:27 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 20

Fix the servers!!!
Old 10-06-2008, 05:22 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4
Location: Richmond, VA, but I am from Spain...you know, that country that McCain thinks is in SouthAmerica lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krafty
You have valid points. But gamers find ways around it. I have found ways to stop these problems. You just have a adapt to how that player is playing you. It also amazes me that you didn't even talk about the worst one there was which makes me think you hardly gave it a fair shot. The Pick N' Roll bug was the WORST. If you had someone with a 90 or better dunk and a elite big man it was almost impossible to stop. Pick at the top of the key and if your stud couldn't get to his dunking animation in time you would always be able to chuck it inside to the picker who has since rolled downlow and get you "standing dunk"

All I did was play online and usually had great opponents.

IMO this is a good article. But you gotta finds ways around what people are doing to you online. Find a good player that has a good REP and a good disconnect percentage and you will always have a good game. I played no one under 80%. I was deeply satisfied with the leagues I was in even though the rate of the completing was almost zero. People will always find ways to exploit the game. They should be penalized for using the tactic but damn, it should start with the Developers and the testers for the games. It's their fault it's in the game.
I disagree, yes you have to find ways around it, but things like the leading pass, or the Pick&roll have to be fixed because yo cannot be playing the game only thinking how to stop those two plays over and over. Also, to mes the most important aspect of the article is the fatigue, it is spot on. I think that you should increase the fatigue of a player if you are using the "turbo" trigger or the Lock on D all the time, or jumping every single time. Maybe considering the amount of times you press the buttons?
Old 10-06-2008, 05:36 PM   #15
Rookie

i dont play lobby games anyway..unless am goin for the achievements..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2008, 05:38 PM   #16
Banned

Stop crying already.

2k needs to make a basketball game that just has one big button that simulates the entire game, just for Operation sports.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »