Home

What NBA 2K Needs to Do to Step Up Its Online Game

This is a discussion on What NBA 2K Needs to Do to Step Up Its Online Game within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-06-2008, 02:35 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
What NBA 2K Needs to Do to Step Up Its Online Game

For everything NBA 2K8 did right, there was still plenty of cheese to be found online. Our own Jayson Young checks in today with a look at how NBA 2K can step up its online game.

Quote:
"I love basketball, and perhaps just as much, I love a good, competitive online game; in fact, when it comes to sports games, the online mode is about the only part that I spend my time with these days."
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2008, 02:51 PM   #2
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
They won't listen
Old 10-06-2008, 02:56 PM   #3
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Wow i did not know you could do all that in the game. I rarely played online because I would always play my brother and maybe a few other people.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:56 PM   #4
Rookie

mackman3's Arena

OVR: 2
wow.....so in depth
Old 10-06-2008, 03:01 PM   #5
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16
GREEAAAAT article...best i've had in some time. TRUE INDEED: Fatigue is a must, and let's see more fouls (becuse there aren't enough) called when dfenses try these ultra-aggressive tactics. and DUNKING? instead of seeing TOO MANY BLOCKS (which is bad too) let's see offensiev players bottled up, losing their dribble and forced into bad shots that rarely go in when the defenders are where they chould be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2008, 03:03 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3
for everyone that compains about lack of "sim game" there are two that don't care and enjoy a fast paced game...
Old 10-06-2008, 03:13 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1
I thought u were goin to speak on the points of the amount of intentional disconnections which could be fixed with a quit game opiton like madden, how easy it is to strip someone on a fast break going for a layup, the fact that yao doesnt miss, u cant set ur def matchups to double team always or even the lag on a jumpshot. But what you are basically complaining about is the lack of user skill or what some call cheesing. Just bc u cant break a press doesnt mean it's chessing. Players usually don't get tired bc its 5 min qtr. how would it look if 1:30 into the game and ur whole starting lineup is tired. You complain now about fatigue but ppl will continue to press which would result in both teams being tired. Wouldn't you enjoy playing the 4th qtr with Leon Powe and Glen Davis banging against Chris Mihm and Trevor Ariza? I think not. I will admit that dunking traffic or pts in the paint accounts for 80% of online pts though. But there are ways to stop it. Play off the ball and in the paint and intercept the passes yourself. Sometimes you just have understand your skill level and adjust. If u hate a fast pace game slow down the tempo on off and get stops on D. But its just my opinion...
Old 10-06-2008, 03:46 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 32
Sad but true - Which is why I stayed away from online hoops altogether thus far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »