Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Demo Available, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Demo Available, Impressions Here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-06-2008, 03:19 AM   #33
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Demo Available, Impressions Here

I dont know how someone can come on here and still claim FIFA is better. I play FIFA every night because I love soccer games, but again, FIFA is FIFA. I think people only claim FIFA is getting sooo much better cause it was soooo bad that anything decent makes it look great. Every FIFA has a money play and this year is like the last and the year before that, and that, and that.

People complain Seabass didnt put in enough effort. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Let me get this straight. You have a Ferrari, then the Ford makes a nice sports car, and because its miles better than the Mustang, you can it to be better than the Ferrari?

This is a joke. I love soccer so I will always buy FIFA first since it comes out first, but there is no way that, if you love a TRUE simulation of SOCCER, then PES is the one. FIFA is holding me just fine, but Im not looking for an arcade game.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:15 AM   #34
Banned

PodSquad's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peji911
People complain Seabass didnt put in enough effort. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Let me get this straight. You have a Ferrari, then the Ford makes a nice sports car, and because its miles better than the Mustang, you can it to be better than the Ferrari?
What a terrible analogy. If anything its like Madden, they keep putting out the same game and people still lap it up and beg for more.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:29 PM   #35
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Even though I really like the PES franchise it hasn't made any great strides. Why did they add a Champions League mode when they still don't even touch the Master League which has been the same for years. I am happy that they finally decide to bring the NA version months earlier this year because previously it was disgusting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2008, 12:52 PM   #36
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I dont know how someone can come on here and still claim FIFA is better. I play FIFA every night because I love soccer games, but again, FIFA is FIFA. I think people only claim FIFA is getting sooo much better cause it was soooo bad that anything decent makes it look great. Every FIFA has a money play and this year is like the last and the year before that, and that, and that.

This is a joke. I love soccer so I will always buy FIFA first since it comes out first, but there is no way that, if you love a TRUE simulation of SOCCER, then PES is the one. FIFA is holding me just fine, but Im not looking for an arcade game.
You might be surprised by FIFA when you get it. Comparing 06 to 07 is an apples and oranges type of thing. As is 07 to 08 and believe it or not 08 to 09.

This game is so much different/better than 08 that I think most will be pleasantly surprised....and I've been a PES guy forever! BTW, I'm not saying the game is perfect either.

I'm not sure what "money' play you could be referring to in '09 unless you have an early copy in Canada. Have you played the game?
Old 10-06-2008, 06:01 PM   #37
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PodSquad
What a terrible analogy. If anything its like Madden, they keep putting out the same game and people still lap it up and beg for more.
Which game are you saying is like madden... fifa?

And its a very good analogy. PES is Amazing, ie, a ferrari. FIFA is good but just good, ie a Mustang.

A ferrari, like PES, doesnt need to improve much, whereas FIFA did and has... but its still a Mustang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Even though I really like the PES franchise it hasn't made any great strides. Why did they add a Champions League mode when they still don't even touch the Master League which has been the same for years. I am happy that they finally decide to bring the NA version months earlier this year because previously it was disgusting.
People who love ML, LOVE ML. And they have made "changes", just small ones. I agree that more could be done but why when, in essence, you dont have enough teams licensed to make it worthwhile? For example, they could have a real 20 team league with the bottom feeders. Well, they dont have the second division of any league, so its pointless. The general setup of ML is perfectly fine for what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
You might be surprised by FIFA when you get it. Comparing 06 to 07 is an apples and oranges type of thing. As is 07 to 08 and believe it or not 08 to 09.

This game is so much different/better than 08 that I think most will be pleasantly surprised....and I've been a PES guy forever! BTW, I'm not saying the game is perfect either.

I'm not sure what "money' play you could be referring to in '09 unless you have an early copy in Canada. Have you played the game?
I know it has improved drastically, but just because FIFA has taken big steps and PES hasnt doesnt mean its a better game. It's like Man U and Man City. This year City took HUGE steps and on paper you're like, 'wow' but one or two changes that Man U made still make them a better team because they didnt have to take that big a step because they're already a good team.

I own the Wii version, which is absolutely horrible (stupid FIFA stuff like not being able to choose a high or low is annoying and the AI always chooses the dumbest choice). And I have the PC version.

While Canadian, I have been living in Australia for about a year and will until late November. So I have their versions of the game and have had them for a while -- they break street dates here.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:23 PM   #38
Banned

PodSquad's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Which game are you saying is like madden... fifa?

And its a very good analogy. PES is Amazing, ie, a ferrari. FIFA is good but just good, ie a Mustang.

A ferrari, like PES, doesnt need to improve much, whereas FIFA did and has... but its still a Mustang.

Uh no, PES has been Practically Everything is the Same soccer since 6. PES still has tons to improve on, only 8 directions of movement, pathetically boring master league, bland graphics, the ability to do tricks like...fast step over and the amazing slow stepover, sloppy and even flat out terrible online play, the list goes on and on. The fact that you think that they dont have much to improve on suggests to me that you are a giant PES fanboy.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:36 PM   #39
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

You know I didn't even notice the 8 player direction movement until the next gen versions. I remember playing Pes 6 at a friends house on his 360 and I was wondering why they moved like that. Nevertheless, I want back to the PS2 version, if I still had that game I would still play it, no joke.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:45 PM   #40
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I own the Wii version, which is absolutely horrible (stupid FIFA stuff like not being able to choose a high or low is annoying and the AI always chooses the dumbest choice). And I have the PC version.

Ahh. That's the problem right there. Those versions are boring and they are still current gen. If your comparing PES to that then you're spot on.

I understand what you're saying about how FIFA gets more praise because they had bigger changes to make so, they're more obvious. I even said the same thing in a few posts last year. If it wasn't for the fast game speed I would have preferred PES over FIFA for all of the reasons I have the previous years.

For 09, you should compare both next gen versions and you'll be surprised. The new collision system, player movement, many many more animations and, last but not least, the Custom Tactics FIFA 09 may finally overtake PES in terms of realism.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »