Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Demo Available, Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Demo Available, Impressions Here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-04-2008, 11:54 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Demo Available, Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir
After reading this thread I thought I'd be horribly disappointed. But I'm actually really happy with the upgrades they've made this year to the PC version.

I love the look of the menus and the pace is MUCH improved. Also the AI was playing REALLY WELL in my short time playing. And by AI I mean CPU and User-team AI. Players on my team were actually trying to cut into passing lanes and were chasing loose balls instead of standing around watching the other team run around. And the CPU did a much better job of staying disciplined and cutting off runs without resorting to becoming superhuman defenders.

Compared to the FIFA 09 demo for PS3, I must say I'm liking the PES 2009 for PC ALOT more.
I agree completely. I am liking FIFA, but I think PES still has the crown. I love how excited I get after scoring a goal, because it seems like a true accomplishment, whereas in FIFA I don't get that feeling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2008, 10:33 AM   #26
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

You know honestly the more I play the demo the more I like this game. I agree scoring in this game feels more rewarding. It is a tough choice this year Fifa does some things better PES does certain this better. I love the PK system in Fifa versus PES.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:05 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

It's definitely a tough choice this year. Fifa in my opinion has made massive strides in the gameplay department. However, I still feel as though PES has the crown, but only by a slight margin. I actually prefer the PES graphics over the FIFA . Especially the on field graphics. It just looks...clearer, crisper....better. This may not be the year that FIFA triumphs, but if EA keeps advancing like they've been doing over the last few years, they will definitely take it in 2010. PES needs to quit recycling their product and make some "real" improvements to stay on top.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:07 PM   #28
Banned

steveeee's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Gameplay reminded me of RTWC 06, nothing impressive.
I haven't played the demo yet... because I get an install error when installing the demo on the PS3.. but I highly doubt the gameplay is anything like RTWC 06 lol
Old 10-05-2008, 01:29 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveeee
I haven't played the demo yet... because I get an install error when installing the demo on the PS3.. but I highly doubt the gameplay is anything like RTWC 06 lol
No, it's way way way better. Given that Pro Evo at the time destroyed RTWC 06 and has only gotten better, that is not an accurate statement.

It's going to be interesting to see which one I play more in the long run, but I find myself playing the Pro Evo demo more than FIFA.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:03 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 7

Did the demo come out for the American Playstation Networks, or do I still have to switch it to a "British Address"?
Old 10-05-2008, 06:07 PM   #31
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeruvianPlaya954
Did the demo come out for the American Playstation Networks, or do I still have to switch it to a "British Address"?
i didn't see it in the us store, but i haven't looked since thursday, so i guess the uk address is your best route, unless the us store was updated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2008, 09:09 PM   #32
Banned

PodSquad's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROman
this would have been a good game 3 years ago, but w/ the advancements that fifa has made, pes really needed to make a truly next-gen title. imo they have not. the graphics are cartoonish & more importantly, the controls are very clunky- not upgrading the 8 direction movement is dissapointing.
Thats the way I feel after playing around with the demo. Its just a glossed up last gen game. Im really not impressed, and I seriously wonder how much actual 'work' Seabass and team do in an average year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »