Home

NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-02-2008, 02:45 PM   #929
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

Unsticky for this thread.

Since the game has been put out there, the demo thread will just remain as a normal thread. We'll put up some official threads tonight
Old 10-02-2008, 08:43 PM   #930
Rookie

bases1616's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by left4dead
Great point. I said the exact same thing in the 2K forum and apparently it hurt a lot of feelings over there....even the mods. They're so insecure and "touchy" about NBA 2K games that it's comical.

Having seen many 2K9 videos....it really doesn't look much different from 2K8 (which didn't look much different from 2K7). Sure the players face graphics have improved, but when playing a game....it's irrelevant because you're not zooming in on the players' faces.

Also I totally agree with the "1 on 1 x 5" statement. I felt the same thing playing 2K8 for a couple of weeks before I thankfully sold it. I got bored of it really quickly and I have a feeling that the same will happen with 2K9 this year (hence which is why I will most likely pass it up).
You guys say what you want. I just got done playing the 2K9 PS3 demo and Live 09 is going to be number 2 again this year. The video highlights before the game are sweet and the playability blows Live away once again. The graphics are improved and IMO look better than Live 09. The shooting is smooth compared to Live and blocking shots do not hesitate. The audio was not fully engaged, but it was setup for 7.1 PCM. All of EA's games are setup for 5.1 so the 7.1 is nice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »