Home

NBA Live 09 Screenshots: Player Faces - Part 1

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Screenshots: Player Faces - Part 1 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-01-2008, 11:18 AM   #41
Bug
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NBA Live 09 Screenshots: Player Faces - Part 1

Whats it matter the purpose of a game is gameplay right and by the looks of it live is back wit there gameplay jus like you 2k fans say that live cant catch up to 2k gameplay well 2k is jus now catching up to live graphics maybe live finally came to a conclusion and said we need to improve are gameplay and thats what they did and thats what matters to live fans!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2008, 11:24 AM   #42
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Their modeling is taken directly from what they had in old nba live games. just better drawn and better proportionally perhaps. If anything it's a design issue. NBA Street Homecourt had a 'certain look" too and it kinda made sense there, not always the case for nba live though. it always feels like NBA Live is a toning down of a cartoon...

I would much rather have a more realistic photorealsim in ANY sports game.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:26 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ok i will take back any mean things i've ever said about live if some on can prove me wrong about my statement on how the starting five looks good but the non important people look like ****.... my prime example is the guy standing behind kevin garnett in his screen shot who in the **** is that
Old 10-01-2008, 11:46 AM   #44
MVP

OVR: 41

No one else complain that every screenshot is brought to you by Sprite? Is that an HUD on the replays?

If so, consider it a deal-breaker.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:49 AM   #45
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Ray Allen definitely looks better here than in 2K, where he has a strange Ninja Turtleish quality.

Josh Smith, Sheed, AI, and Kidd all looked very nice in Live. But yeah, overall, I definitely think 2K is getting the graphics crown this year when it comes to b-ball. The faces are a lot better and they really improved their skin textures... and the overall smoothness that 2K has ties the whole package together.

I'm still buying Live -- it looks like a very fun game and I can't wait to delve into those playbooks. A better 5-on-5 system (Clubs) and full FIBA license are the other reasons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2008, 11:49 AM   #46
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullfan#1
Ok i will take back any mean things i've ever said about live if some on can prove me wrong about my statement on how the starting five looks good but the non important people look like ****.... my prime example is the guy standing behind kevin garnett in his screen shot who in the **** is that
it appears to be Ray Allen. Some of lives faces look good while a majority look awful. Why is it that some of the starts KG, Lebron and Kobe look the worst. Also, Camby, Eliis and Al Harrington are almost unrecognizable

Last edited by riDIRKulous41; 10-01-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:49 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullfan#1

Which guy are you referring to? Ray Allen or the Hawks coach?
Old 10-01-2008, 11:51 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyhubcaps
No one else complain that every screenshot is brought to you by Sprite? Is that an HUD on the replays?

If so, consider it a deal-breaker.
Having a Sprite logo on replays is a deal breaker? Seriously? You must be a 7-up guy huh?

Last edited by Glenn33; 10-01-2008 at 12:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »