Home

NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-23-2008, 12:08 AM   #801
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Ok........raising your hands on d is the r stick upward BUT.....it takes way to long for your player to put his hands up. I know you have to be standing still, but it just takes waaaaaaaaaaaaay to long for this to happen.
Beluba or Steph...........can this be fixed before release ?? Are you aware of this at all ??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 12:27 AM   #802
Banned

OVR: 1

I played the demo and it was ight, but i cant wait till the game actually comes out. I bet the NBA Rewind is just like MADDEN MOMENTS
Old 09-23-2008, 07:42 AM   #803
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27

You know what? i had 2k8 last year and i swore not 2 buy it again! there was online 1 roster update 4 european people in the whole year, when you created a player u could only choose between charles barkleys or tayshaun princes (you all know what i'm talking about), i hated those NES generic shoes the 80% of the players wore.... Don't misunderstand me, i recognize that graphics and animations were great, but i didn't find the controls much intuitive, and moreover when you play +10 games it seem that you are playing always the same.And u know what?? all those things i told you 2k8 lacks, can be found in the demo of live... so good bye 2k!!!But that's only my opinion...
Old 09-23-2008, 09:39 AM   #804
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

I've had some great highlight moments with the demo. can't wait to play the full version.

I had Bynum throw it down hard... the ball goes through the rim... and hits him on the head, ala Jordan, and bounces to the bench. Haha. It looked crazy good.

I LOVE shooting with KB24, and feeling the release point and just bombing mid range jumpers like crazy.

Swinging the ball around the perimeter to a wide open Fisher... having Garnett close out, and leaving Pau wide open down low...

One play... Rondo drove to the rack, collision caused him to fall to the floor pretty hard. He stayed down for a few seconds, in the meantime, I was off to the races with Fisher taking it coast to coast. Garnett rotated over at the basket, so Fisher tosses up an alley to Pau.

I love the feeling of this demo. I've had a blast with it.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:49 AM   #805
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I've had some great highlight moments with the demo. can't wait to play the full version.

I had Bynum throw it down hard... the ball goes through the rim... and hits him on the head, ala Jordan, and bounces to the bench. Haha. It looked crazy good.

I LOVE shooting with KB24, and feeling the release point and just bombing mid range jumpers like crazy.

Swinging the ball around the perimeter to a wide open Fisher... having Garnett close out, and leaving Pau wide open down low...

One play... Rondo drove to the rack, collision caused him to fall to the floor pretty hard. He stayed down for a few seconds, in the meantime, I was off to the races with Fisher taking it coast to coast. Garnett rotated over at the basket, so Fisher tosses up an alley to Pau.

I love the feeling of this demo. I've had a blast with it.

X2

You see the fake double teams yet? I've been call for a couple shooting offensive fouls as well. They put alot of little things and also important things into this game. You could make a "The little things" thread for the demo alone. With all of this stuff I'm seeing just from the demo, I truly believe that "Champions" trailer is actual gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 11:30 AM   #806
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

I've seen alot of animations in the game. Talking to my brother he pointed out how you rarely see the same animation under the basket twice which is something I can't say I saw alot of.

Another thing that leads me to believe that champion trailer is real.. when in the practice gym watch the tv screen.

Kobe is on the right baseline with someone guarding him. He drives left and does some kind of two handed behind the head scoop layup.

I decided to try it with Paul Pierce and pulled off the same move. Can't pull that off without court spacing, and hitting the layup button early before he takes his two steps into the move.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:53 PM   #807
MVP

OVR: 24

WHAT?!!!! Okay, I thought that I needed to push only the dunk button (X) without Turbo (R-trigger) to do lay-ups. But, even when I only push X, I still dunk. SO, I decided to try usin' the shoot button (B) in the key, and wooooah, the lay-up animations start pourin' in! They look nice....real nice! How many animations are in this game?!!! I don't think I've noticed a repeat lay-up animation yet (even before I knew how to do them consistently, I still saw alot of them-no repeats). The players, sig jumpers and dribblin' animations already look nice, but these lay-ups and around-the-basket animations are siiiiiick! I almost like doin' lay-ups more than dunks! Almost. Maybe usin' Kobe has somethin' to do with it! Everything he does in this game is pretty-just like the real Kobe.

I'm still workin' on the sliders, but....so far....I'm impressed.

EDIT: Just saw some repeat Kobe lay-ups. Of course I would since I'm doin' nothing but lay-ups.

Last edited by LAKE4742; 09-23-2008 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:02 PM   #808
Rookie

OVR: 1

Have they released the player ratings yet?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »