Home

NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-21-2008, 02:26 AM   #769
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

Just tried the demo for the first time and I am very impressed. The game finally seems playable. Court and player spacing is perfect. Need to get used to the controls a bit more. It still has some quirks and issues, but it is definitely the best it has been since the leap to the current gen systems.
Old 09-21-2008, 03:05 AM   #770
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here (Xbox 360)

hey beluba....live needs to add the "icon lead pass" feature that 2k has (where you can control the movement of the receiving player and tell him where to cut with the analog stick). that feature alone makes the game so enjoyable because you can fully control your passes rather than being stuck with where the cpu player decides to go.

from what i've seen live looks like it will surpass 2k this year. from the videos i've seen, 2k has not improved their movement/control and live seems to have passed them up in this area as well as many others (play calling, post moves, dribbling, shooting)...live seems to be beating 2k at everything this year.

overall the game just looks smoother and more responsive.

what i like most about live is the precise control you have with the dribbling. when you go to do a specific move, it happens how you want it to. 2k's isomotion is very clunky and unpredictable and i rarely even used it because my player never did what i wanted...but with live, i know when i try to do a move, the player will do what i want.

Last edited by blues rocker; 09-21-2008 at 03:14 AM.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:14 AM   #771
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Being a long-time 2K fan, I can honestly say I'm going to play Live over 2K this year. I can't get enough of the demo and I have little desire to play the 2K demo. Live is finally back and I'm so happy E.A. came through when they needed to the most. Thank you E.A.
Welcome to the OS Gisher... that's a big statement !!! Live should be lots of fun this year for sure !!
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2008, 05:22 PM   #772
Banned

Knowshon24's Arena

OVR: 6

I have also just played the demo and it seems smoother. Other than that, it looks and feels like the same thing. I am going to get both games anyways though.

PS: I was wondering if anyone happened to notice that the OKC Thunder wasnt on the logo screen (it was just the Summer League OKC logo), at first i didnt worry about it that much, but then I remembered that OKC hasnt released their jerseys yet, and im afraid that the game might not include the unis and maybe even the logo. Hopefully, they fix this
Old 09-21-2008, 06:21 PM   #773
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Beluba said the OKC will be patched in so no need to worry about that.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:06 PM   #774
Rookie

OVR: 2

just saw something really cool. I was running up the court with pierce and threw a great alley oop to garnett and it showed a replay and it sad sc top play nominee in the corner that looked exactly like what they showed on sportscenter. it was pretty cool
Old 09-21-2008, 07:30 PM   #775
Banned

Knowshon24's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Beluba said the OKC will be patched in so no need to worry about that.
What exactly do you mean by patch?? And what will happen with the jerseys???? Ps: Who's Beluba??????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2008, 07:50 PM   #776
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Beluba's a developer for Live. And a patch is something developers use to fix or correct a problem in their game. In this case EA will be releasing a patch to fix the OKC's jerseys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »