Home

NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-19-2008, 11:21 PM   #745
MVP

bateman11's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
That's pretty strange, but it could be a demo thing
You played the demo yet krde?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2008, 12:20 AM   #746
Rookie

OVR: 3

What the hell is taking so long for the ps3 demo to come out? It seems like this is the year that live steps up and may bring some competition finally to 2k. I always loved nba live games until i got a ps3. The last two years have been pretty bad compared to the nba 2k series. I personally would rather move on to the live series bc i love marv albert and what he brings to a video game. Marv albert and good gameplay= yessss!!!!
Old 09-20-2008, 12:58 AM   #747
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Finally DL'd the demo and got to play about five games of it. My initial impressions are very good, the game is a huge improvement from 08. I love the play calling and pick-n-roll functionality. Being able to read the D and have your screener slip the screen is f'n awesome, although it will probably be cheese.

I love the leaners, floaters and especially the sideways leaners and how the L-stick is incorporated into it. If you want to square up, let go of the stick, if you need to get up a shot as quickly as possible you can do it off balanced while still holding the L-stick. Very cool.

I actually think the graphics are better than 2K. I love the uniforms, sneakers, accessories, etc. The textures look much better than 2K as does the sweat on the players.

My major gripes are:

- The analog stick passing is awful.
- Rebounding is better but can still improve a lot
- The animations are improved but also can still improve quite a bit
- The net/rim/ball interaction could be better. After playing the demo for a while and then watching the 2K9 trailer and the gameplay vid - goddamn 2K nailed the swishing motion of a net like no other.

I still don't have plans to pick this up because I'm going to get NCAA 09 but I can definitely see a bright future for Live and could imagine myself having a lot of fun with Live if it was the only pro basketball game. Good job EA!

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 09-20-2008, 01:25 AM   #748
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Just a few games but I've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to get time in as I said before it released on the ps3 uk

I've played a ton of live 08 the past few weeks so ill notice the difference immediately
Old 09-20-2008, 09:41 AM   #749
Rookie

RanRon's Arena

OVR: 3

I was impressed with the player models/faces. The gameplay still needs alot of work. It seems to be a huge improvement from last year but that's not saying much. Alot of the new additions seem promising however until they gameplay is improved I cant see spending $60

NCAA 09 - VT Hokies
Madden 09 - Cowboys
NBA2K9- Hawks
CH 2K8 - VT Hokies
Old 09-20-2008, 11:01 AM   #750
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

1) How do throw alley's ?? I've seen it in the vids where an alley is thrown or when the player will just go up and get it, come back down and go up. But I cant seem to figure it out ??

2) Can you not just "put your hands up" on D ??? It use to be just hitting up on the right stick but it doesnt work ??? Please tell me they didnt take it out of the game ??
Old 09-20-2008, 11:08 AM   #751
Pro

kwas676's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
1) How do throw alley's ?? I've seen it in the vids where an alley is thrown or when the player will just go up and get it, come back down and go up. But I cant seem to figure it out ??

2) Can you not just "put your hands up" on D ??? It use to be just hitting up on the right stick but it doesnt work ??? Please tell me they didnt take it out of the game ??
For ps3 if you have it on ps3 its r1 right analog up for alleys, you can put your hands up I just dont know what button I'm pressing to do it lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2008, 11:14 AM   #752
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Yeah...PS3.

1) So for alley it's press R1 & the right analog up ??

2) And to put your hands up it's a button, not a stick ?? maybe thats why I cant do it ?? Does anyone know this ??

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »