Home

NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-19-2008, 05:51 PM   #737
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

Really some of you kat's need to stop smokin....live is going to be a good game......all of these little things about elbows and socks and stuff like that are just dumb complaints!!! if you going to bash live 09 then atleast make good complaints like the score board being in the way, or the funky animations from some of the post play.....I can't believe the progress that has been made on this game since last year...wow!! this is truly going to be a great year for b-ball

I am still adjusting to the game demo but the momentum factor is off the chain this year and the more I play it the more natural the control is starting to become....some of yall gon have to do your home work this year because live seems to have gotten a light bulb connected, the sweat is good and the clothing physics is good, just look at ray allen's expressions when he gets fouled and paul gasol graphics is the best I've seen so far....(but 2k9 is just starting to surface...about Dam time!!!) too many non hoopers commenting on things that they can't even relate too...where are my real hoopers at?
Old 09-19-2008, 08:02 PM   #738
Banned

OVR: 11

I love everything about Live 09 demo except for the sluggish controls and the horrible passing system. Unfortunately that might be the deciding factor whether or not I purchase this game. It seems like the players' moves are a step behind my command and once they get stuck in a dribbling animation.....you're pretty much helpless until your player is finished with his moves. Just doesn't feel right. I've noticed a lot of herky-jerky motion and chopiness to the gameplay. Also the passing is probably the worst part of this game. Way too many rainbow-lob passes and not enough bounce and off-the-dribble passes. The passing in "Live" needs a major overhaul.

Since I've read that the demo is about 95% of the retail game, I doubt that EA can fix or address these issues in time.

Live is definitely going in the right direction but IMO it's still a year away from becoming a truly great NBA game.

Last edited by left4dead; 09-19-2008 at 08:05 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:04 PM   #739
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

FYI PS3 Users:

If u change the port ur controller is assigned to, you can play w/ diff players in the practice gym.

1 Pierce, 2 Garnett, 3 Allen, 4 Rondo
Old 09-19-2008, 08:43 PM   #740
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Hoosier.. the shot clock doesnt stop unless there is a violation or foul of come kind... like out of bounds or whatever.

Its correct in the game.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:14 PM   #741
Pro

HoosierDaddy's Arena

OVR: 21

That's not right. Any stoppage in play stops the clock in NBA. Made basket, foul, timeout, etc..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2008, 11:02 PM   #742
yellow

23's Arena

It doesn't stop in pro ball, here or overseas... not for made baskets at least, except the last 2 minutes of a quarter.

It used to be the way you're describing in the past, and the clock only continued like it does now in college basketball but the NBA adopted the same thing... probably to go along with the rule changes of speeding the game up.
Old 09-19-2008, 11:15 PM   #743
Pro

HoosierDaddy's Arena

OVR: 21

ahh... I see.

Guess I didn't pay much attention to the change when it happened then. However, the clock was still moving on an out of bounds play with under 1 minute to go, so maybe it's not completely accurate in the game?
Old 09-19-2008, 11:19 PM   #744
yellow

23's Arena

That's pretty strange, but it could be a demo thing

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »