Home

NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-18-2008, 11:36 PM   #705
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here (Xbox 360)

I'm REALLY enjoying this game after learning the new features, etc. I'm just absolutely having a blast with it. The dunks for the most part are VERY well done.

I love how Paul Pierce will catch the ball on the perimeter, and almost instantly give a pump fake, trying to get you in the air, just like he does during a regular NBA game. Utilizing quickstrike moves, and pump fakes... going to their strengths. It's just a great demo, and if the actual game plays like the demo, which I'm sure it will... then color me happy.

I have only saw one dunk animation that I haven't really loved... and it was a fast break dunk by Kobe that didn't really transition as smoothly as I'd have liked. It was nicely animated, but the transition from floor to the dunk animation just wasn't as smooth as the others.

Help defense by the CPU is pretty nice as well. They'll double, but they know how to react on help side defense... and that's key. A few swings around the perimeter, and finding an open Fisher in the corner is a great feeling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2008, 11:42 PM   #706
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I'm REALLY enjoying this game after learning the new features, etc. I'm just absolutely having a blast with it. The dunks for the most part are VERY well done.

I love how Paul Pierce will catch the ball on the perimeter, and almost instantly give a pump fake, trying to get you in the air, just like he does during a regular NBA game. Utilizing quickstrike moves, and pump fakes... going to their strengths. It's just a great demo, and if the actual game plays like the demo, which I'm sure it will... then color me happy.

I have only saw one dunk animation that I haven't really loved... and it was a fast break dunk by Kobe that didn't really transition as smoothly as I'd have liked. It was nicely animated, but the transition from floor to the dunk animation just wasn't as smooth as the others.

Help defense by the CPU is pretty nice as well. They'll double, but they know how to react on help side defense... and that's key. A few swings around the perimeter, and finding an open Fisher in the corner is a great feeling.
I knew you would enjoy it WTF... Hey don't forget to check out the rewind playing against kobe before Pau and after...
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-19-2008, 12:05 AM   #707
Banned

Knowshon24's Arena

OVR: 6

WHEN THE HECK ARE THEY GONNA RELEASE THIS DEMO ON PS3 FOR THE US???? NO OFFENSE, BUT I THINK AMERICANS LIKE BASKETBALL MORE THAN OTHER COUNTRIES DO.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:06 AM   #708
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Yeah, I've just delved into the Lake show without Pau. Very different experience. I love pick and pop with Pau. Getting ready for LBJ and Ilgauskas.

Let me tell you, I had a pick and roll with KB24 and Bynum... defenders were just frozen, and left KB24 wide open down the center of the lane for the massive one handed dunk. It was beautiful.

Very nice feature by the way brother. Definitely helpful no doubt. I'm just learning the controls for PS3.

I honestly can't wait for the full version to drop. It'll be mine day 1. I'm thinking a full season or two will be played this year.

One thing that I'm not liking are the balloons in the crowd on the FT's. Hopefully they're removed, or worked on for the full release. They look pretty tacky, haha.

After adjusting a few sliders, this game will play a magnificent game I believe.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:07 AM   #709
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowshon24
WHEN THE HECK ARE THEY GONNA RELEASE THIS DEMO ON PS3 FOR THE US???? NO OFFENSE, BUT I THINK AMERICANS LIKE BASKETBALL MORE THAN OTHER COUNTRIES DO.
im playing it on ps3 in the US right now
MLB: New York Yankees
Old 09-19-2008, 12:10 AM   #710
Rookie

texasgmr's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop 24
im playing it on ps3 in the US right now
He walked into that one didn't he scoop?
Old 09-19-2008, 12:10 AM   #711
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

Kg just staight b*tch me threw gasol shot against the backboard...then he came down and dunked on him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2008, 12:12 AM   #712
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgmr
He walked into that one didn't he scoop?
lol i mean he yelling and all i figure i would chime in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »