Home

NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-10-2008, 02:52 PM   #593
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here (Xbox 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
I would like to Thank All of you guys who Downloaded the 360 demo and being the beta testers for us PS3 users.

We shall begin downloading at the next PSN update (likely tomorrow) and capitalize on every mistake you've made, and gather the opportunities that you have discovered to our advantage.

Thank You
We know waiting hurts, KDRE. We ain't mad.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:56 PM   #594
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
But, I see the ball does hit the rim and backboard alot, and I like how the players actually grip the ball, and the rim.
yeah..they grip the rim lol they grip the net, like 10 cm down when the rim is
Old 09-10-2008, 02:59 PM   #595
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebe1
I get 5-10 blocks per game in the demo on either of the top two settings.
Well, I think you have to work for them. I feel like I have to play near perfect defense to stay with Allen and jump at the right moment. It's doesn't feel handed to me at all. I like that. And gettin' a rebound definitely isn't easy-but, maybe that's a good thing. The taller players are suppose to get the rebounds. It's actually kind of refreshin' to NOT be able to do these things so easy.

Quote:
Not easy to fake for an easy dunk, but easy to just keep on forcing your way to the paint for an easy in the paint score.
True. But that's very easy-cheesy, and I don't play that way. I won't keep forcin' myself into the lane just because I can. There are alot of players that could do that and don't, because that's forgettin' about the team.

Quote:
And no, the players don't grip on the rim... check out the dunk replays... the hands go through the rim totally.
True, but maybe more "believable" than in 2K. In 2K it sometimes looks as if the players simply give the rim a high-five. Still, not a game-killer (or game-keeper), for me, just sayin'....

Last edited by LAKE4742; 09-10-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2008, 03:39 PM   #596
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
We know waiting hurts, KDRE. We ain't mad.
Do you understand that I had a chance to play Live 08, then another game of Live 08, and then I played Live 08 again. While you beta tested the demo, I was able to play with the stiff movement, pop up dunks and no rebounds. Im going to enjoy this game more than you all
Old 09-10-2008, 03:45 PM   #597
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
Do you understand that I had a chance to play Live 08, then another game of Live 08, and then I played Live 08 again. While you beta tested the demo, I was able to play with the stiff movement, pop up dunks and no rebounds. Im going to enjoy this game more than you all
lol. if you really want to enjoy the game... why don't you pop in Live 06 & 07 while you're at it?

Last edited by Beluba; 09-10-2008 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:51 PM   #598
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Haha, yeah... maybe the reason that I was so impressed with 09 was because I picked up Live 08 (brand new hah) off of CraigsList for $15 at the end of July and was playing the hell out of it. Mostly it was team play (where you can really see all the cheap things that people can do when they have total control over a player), but I was enjoying the Dynasty as well (nice change from 2K8's, and a bit deeper overall I think). After getting used to Live's controls and all the weirdnesss that came with 08, seeing 09 was a big difference. Just the way the players move and interact more than anything contributed to the big change. Adding the depth with the playcalling as well as improving the ability to play defense took it over the top... great improvement.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:13 PM   #599
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
I definately feel you on that point. While I love the little things for all the reasons that Mccoy stated a few pages back I want the major issues to always be addressed first. I'm usually one of those people in the "Wishlist Threads" that say things like "dont concentrate on refs on the court, sideline crews, chaing gangs. Give me better AI, etc..."

That's a good question. I would lean towards yes but keep in mind that I've never owned a Next-Gen Live game, only played the demos. The last one I actually owned was on the PS1 I believe back when Rip was on the Wizards. I know the consensus was that the first 2 next-gen Live games were horrible but I was busy playing the competition. Just by comparing the Demo's and reading impression threads it looks like Live is heading in the right direction, heading towards being more "sim" which is incredible given EA's history.

It seems as if the Live crowd is excited which means that they're doing something right.
Yeah, I'm really excited. They are making moves in the right directions. And wow, that's a long time since owning a Live game. The only Live that I've never owned was '98 & 2002 which I thought was just awful (2002). That's when I really went the way of 2K. I had owned both starting with 2K on the Dreamcast. I did continue to purchase both games though up until 2K6. I think that's Shaq on the cover. I wasn't feeling that one and not really feeling any of the ones subsequently either. I will check out the new one and I might wind up owning both games this year. Just depends. I haven't thought that the next gen's have been awful, but they haven't been outstanding even though I've stuck by them this whole time. I'm loving what I'm seeing though.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:45 PM   #600
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

LOL I want this demo to make me trade in the retail 08

I'm trying to psyche myself out not make myself psycho

Now that I think about it, this demo is more in depth than live 06 finished ever was. That's saying alot

Last edited by 23; 09-10-2008 at 05:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »