Home

NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-10-2008, 12:12 PM   #585
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here (Xbox 360)

I played another game this morning and the way the players move on the court to open spaces and are constantly in motion is outstanding. I also like the court spacing.

I started to really notice the "catch-up" speed with respect to players getting back on defense and the way players pick up loose balls after blocks just look weird.

I'd be interested in playing this with some really good tweaked sliders just to see how it plays out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2008, 01:00 PM   #586
Rookie

OVR: 5

Anybody know if it's on Silver yet to download, or when it may be there? Thanks
Old 09-10-2008, 01:02 PM   #587
MVP

OVR: 24

OMG! In my demo session today, I did somethin' I didn't do in the previous one. And that is, I left the player icon on. So, I'm now seein' how the plays are supposed to unfold, and where my positions should be, and also bein' able to direct pass. And it's all very easy and really fun. That's what a good sports game should do, IMO. It should teach you how to actually play the real game. This game does a great job of that. I played the best defense ever in this demo, by just movin' right along and stayin' in front of Ray Allen, and got my first block!Playing as Kobe, my fadeaway even hit the rim and then the backboard before it dropped in! And I did a sick lay-up. And I've already professed my love for the controls and graphics already. So, it seems at this point 2K is gonna have to steal me away from buyin' LIVE.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:52 PM   #588
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKE4742
OMG! In my demo session today, I did somethin' I didn't do in the previous one. And that is, I left the player icon on. So, I'm now seein' how the plays are supposed to unfold, and where my positions should be, and also bein' able to direct pass. And it's all very easy and really fun. That's what a good sports game should do, IMO. It should teach you how to actually play the real game. This game does a great job of that. I played the best defense ever in this demo, by just movin' right along and stayin' in front of Ray Allen, and got my first block!Playing as Kobe, my fadeaway even hit the rim and then the backboard before it dropped in! And I did a sick lay-up. And I've already professed my love for the controls and graphics already. So, it seems at this point 2K is gonna have to steal me away from buyin' LIVE.
Time to edit that signature
Old 09-10-2008, 02:10 PM   #589
MVP

OVR: 24

Here's the situation: I just did a Pick & Roll with Bynum. At first headed to the middle of the lane, but then, I slide to the outside, headed towards the right-side three-point line, takin' both defenders with me. Bynum heads into the lane, I do a behind-the-back-no-look pass to Byum in the lane for the dunk-it looked awesome!!!!
I hope we'll be able to upload vids in this game as well!

I have to retract my statement from earlier. This demo is NOT a bimbo-It does have brains. It's not so easy to fake my defender for a easy dunk. They play good, hard defense-I like it. And the animations are just so pretty. I've gotten my first block, but still haven't gotten my first rebound-that worries me. But, I see the ball does hit the rim and backboard alot, and I like how the players actually grip the ball, and the rim. The control and playcalling are intuitive. Great player models. I'm sold!

Unless 2K sports can deliver somethin' more "fun".
Old 09-10-2008, 02:17 PM   #590
Pro

OVR: 6

I get 5-10 blocks per game in the demo on either of the top two settings.

Quote:
I played the best defense ever in this demo, by just movin' right along and stayin' in front of Ray Allen, and got my first block!Playing as Kobe, my fadeaway even hit the rim and then the backboard before it dropped in! And I did a sick lay-up. And I've already professed my love for the controls and graphics already. So, it seems at this point 2K is gonna have to steal me away from buyin' LIVE.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:18 PM   #591
Pro

OVR: 6

Not easy to fake for an easy dunk, but easy to just keep on forcing your way to the paint for an easy in the paint score.

And no, the players don't grip on the rim... check out the dunk replays... the hands go through the rim totally.

Quote:
I have to retract my statement from earlier. This demo is NOT a bimbo-It does have brains. It's not so easy to fake my defender for a easy dunk. They play good, hard defense-I like it. And the animations are just so pretty. I've gotten my first block, but still haven't gotten my first rebound-that worries me. But, I see the ball does hit the rim and backboard alot, and I like how the players actually grip the ball, and the rim. The control and playcalling are intuitive. Great player models. I'm sold!

Unless 2K sports can deliver somethin' more "fun".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2008, 02:39 PM   #592
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

I would like to Thank All of you guys who Downloaded the 360 demo and being the beta testers for us PS3 users.

We shall begin downloading at the next PSN update (likely tomorrow) and capitalize on every mistake you've made, and gather the opportunities that you have discovered to our advantage.

Thank You

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »