Home

NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 09-09-2008, 03:27 PM   #569
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here (Xbox 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by black4sho
I'm sorry but Live is suck. I tried to see what EA can come up with this year and again they failed. The only improvement is the court is smaller and they put alittle bit more meat on the players instead of the stick figures from 08. Man you guys got a few years to catchup to 2k. They shoot akwardly, every shot goes in, theirs no facial expressions, this is just a waist of 60 bucks. I'm sorry but just put all your energy into Madden games. Call it quit for any more b-ball games. Blast me all ya want, but you know it, all this hype, and all these video pics are just for marketing purpose, there is very slight and minumal improvements atleast from EA fans standpoint not to a 2k sports fanatic.
Its only a demo, adjust the sliders if they score too much, and facial expressions is not a reason for you to not buy a game.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 09-09-2008, 03:28 PM   #570
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
can anyone post the demo? i can't go on live with no connection. please?
Wow post of the year...Man you cant post a demo..

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 09-09-2008, 03:29 PM   #571
MVP

OVR: 24

Quote:
I'm sorry but Live is suck. I tried to see what EA can come up with this year and again they failed. The only improvement is the court is smaller and they put alittle bit more meat on the players instead of the stick figures from 08. Man you guys got a few years to catchup to 2k. They shoot akwardly, every shot goes in, theirs no facial expressions, this is just a waist of 60 bucks. I'm sorry but just put all your energy into Madden games. Call it quit for any more b-ball games.
You mean, you don't like to see shot after shot swished in?! That doesn't give you mad confidence?! *sarcasm*

And here I was, thinkin' they should just put all of their energy into b-ball, and forget about makin' anymore football games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 03:37 PM   #572
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Wow post of the year...Man you cant post a demo..
False. This is post of the year:

Quote:
I'm sorry but Live is suck.
Anyway. I may keep the money I was going to spend on NHL 2009 and buy this game instead after playing quite a few games. I'm actually really liking the gameplay - and the animations (at least for shooting) and presentation (especially the commentary) are great.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:39 PM   #573
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
I don't think those things are ridiculous at all. If you're a Spurs fan and you try to shoot Duncan's patent shot off the glass and it never goes off the glass then that "little" issue suddenly becomes a "little" bigger.

Now, if they had to sacrifice these things for the sake of more important aspects then I'm all for it and agree with you 100%.
I'm not talking about Duncan's shot. They actually had that in the game last year if I'm not mistaken. The patented shots are one thing, those are signature shots. But just because something like banked shots, or the ball nicking the rim as it goes in isn't there just for the sake of it being there, I don't think that's a reason to complain. I think that there are more important things to concentrate on. But I agree that Tim Duncan's shot off the glass should most definitely be a part of the game. Those things are huge and very important. It's refreshing to have a discussion/debate with someone about these kinds of things without having someone bash the others' preference.

Question for you. And no particular reason for it, just your thoughts. Do you think that you would be more inclined to purchase this version of NBA Live if you had stuck it out with them instead of purchasing NBA 2K for all this time? I myself left the Live series for a little while but then came back.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:10 PM   #574
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13

ok

Last edited by wrestlinggod1; 09-09-2008 at 09:38 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:12 PM   #575
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

You tell me a demo that you can put on a save and we'll be rolling. You know that the only choices on a demo are "Play" and "Delete" right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2008, 07:21 PM   #576
Rookie

OVR: 3

Gameplay is much improved. AI is smarter now. Animations are weird, sometimes it felt like I wasn't controlling my player. Also, their signiture styles are wack. Just about everybody plays the same way. You can barley tell that Kobe shoots like Kobe and Pierce shoots like Pierce.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »