Home

NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-07-2008, 01:04 AM   #489
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here (Xbox 360)

the good, the bad, and the ugly here in this video.

see for and judge for yourself:

quick note

-i love the ray allen drives but I want the defense contesting more of the drives. i want their prescence felt.

----

lastly:
Kobe at the garden part 2:
-the realist in me wants my cpu teammate (kg) to recognize that hes the last man back and GET ball. he doesnt and ensues is this dunk
Old 09-07-2008, 01:37 AM   #490
Banned

OVR: 3

This demo have to be from a early build of the game because I have played about 100 games and I have not seen a jumpshot that took a bounce around the rim.

Look at how the ball interact with the rim in this video.
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1...LL_082008.html

Live have some issues but this game does alot of things right and once people understand the mechanics of this game they will like it more.

Good job EA
Old 09-07-2008, 01:40 AM   #491
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Rubes I hear you man, but id like to see all teams to see if it holds

LA doesnt play much defense to be honest
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2008, 01:45 AM   #492
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
Rubes I hear you man, but id like to see all teams to see if it holds

LA doesnt play much defense to be honest

You definitely have a point and i was wondering that myself... I wish they were able to tell us...

From the sounds of it though, its totally a loaded demo
Old 09-07-2008, 01:50 AM   #493
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

good eyes mharlem... Amares jumper hit the rim a bit, Rasheeds did too.

in the clippers/lakers video, you have a camby swish and a a mobley swish, but a kobe jumper that bounces all around and STILL does in.

i guess we'll see soon enough
Old 09-07-2008, 02:02 AM   #494
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

"i love the ray allen drives but I want the defense contesting more of the drives. i want their prescence felt."

Haha, yeah... especially in that 2nd one when he goes right through Lamar Odom's chest... horrible clipping in that one. Hadn't seen anything quite that bad, mostly just balls going through defender's hands on blocks and minor ones with legs/arms.

Odom always hits thouse tough turnarounds on me too... And I've had several games where Rondo takes 3+ 3PT shots. Seems like if you give him a lot of room he'll take it (which is fine, but some were early in the clock), and he's been making the majority. HE sank a 3/4 court heave to end the half also (nothing but net).

Also, they never use the backboard... it's 2K7 all over again in that regard. I've seen 1 or 2 jumpers that used glass due to the angle, but I don't think I've seen one simple off-glass layup the whole time... they're all fingerrolls, floaters, and impossible no-board jumphooks. Hope they were just left out of the demo similar to how 2K's ball bounced with less variety in the 2K8 demo.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:14 AM   #495
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Here's the Rondo player lock video. Some good things and some bad, just like Reuben's videos. I tried to let the CPU just play (no pressing A or B), but I made them give me a few passes when they were just standing there dribbling out the clock or something..

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2008, 02:23 AM   #496
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

PLAY BY PLAY to go with the longer video i posted, you can see the good, but instantly see something bad.. inconsistency all around.

one of the first drives has a allen contested layup by odom. just perfectly executed one on one coverage. right after that you have ray allen who just missed that layup controlled by me go after the ballhandler at midcourt leaving kobe open. shot is made. GREAT AI. next cpu possession, im stupid again and double kobe with rondo, and kobe returns the favor for fisher. some top notch stuff here.

2:10 into the video is a fastbreak with rondo controlled by me. fisher is containing him nicely, but as fisher comes into contact with gasol, fisher loses him and gasol does nothing. first bad sign. paint interaction is key. animations or ai killed what was happening there. its not the first time in the paint players either jump the wrong direction to get out of position or just dont even know a offensive player exists. brain dead ai at times i would call it, although that sounds harsh lol

2nd half is a garnett post move with the pivot changing, ala nba 2k7. 4 minutes in we see a block by the celtics which leads to a fastbreak. pierce feeds garnett. towards the end you see kobe FACING the ball handler, but the jumping animation turns his BACK to the play INSTANTLY, leaving him reaching for nothing.

4:20 in, we see a allen drive, where the animation seems to just take over, which has kobe sliding around in place. allens hand goes through kobe. AMazing animation though i must say.

next sequence from 4:55 to almost 5:10 you see fisher backing up on rondo, taking 17 seconds off the playclock. You will see the CPU do this atleast once ever 4 minute game.

the next play has a steal by the cpu where gasol dunks it home. I tried my hardest switching players and turboing back.. no luck.. CPU always seems to have 3 back no matter what. are they at 2ks level now with catchup AI?

5:50 in we have a allen set play which results in that huge clipping mishap. Odom is invisible lol.

animations will make or break this game imo. from the blocking which sometimes you feel you have no control over and that pause or break between them actually jumping, you are felt helpless... sliders may surely help somethings though, as always. i have never played a full version of next gen live, so i am highly optimistic this is a game that could be very fun to play.

let me just finish by saying, even with those inconsistencies mentioned above about the video i posted here, i still had fun and it felt like nba basketball.

Last edited by RubenDouglas; 09-07-2008 at 02:27 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »