Home

NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-04-2008, 09:42 PM   #265
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Turning up the game speed really makes the game play better. Thanx guys! EA deserves credit this year IMO.
we are all witnesses here that sage has officially gotten to the point where

... the world is upside down as we know it now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 09:50 PM   #266
Rookie

OVR: 5

is it true from what the videos look like that the fast breaks are much better than 2ks and actually look like there is room to move (spacing)? Or am I mistaken and guys somehow come from nowhere to catch up to you?
Old 09-04-2008, 10:22 PM   #267
MVP

OVR: 18

Wow, this game looks great. Can't believe I'm saying that about an EA bball game.

F'ing Sony!
Old 09-04-2008, 10:28 PM   #268
Rookie

OVR: 5
I feel this the best live ever it feel realistic it doesnt feel sluggish it feels real
Old 09-04-2008, 10:28 PM   #269
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan
is it true from what the videos look like that the fast breaks are much better than 2ks and actually look like there is room to move (spacing)? Or am I mistaken and guys somehow come from nowhere to catch up to you?

The fast breaks arent much better than 2k8 imo. The D seems to have a little catch up speed and my teammates dont always keep up with me.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:36 PM   #270
Rookie

OVR: 3

There's something definitely wrong with this demo. Its even worse now when i re-downloaded it. After a few minutes the screen just goes blank and everything freezes. I have to turn the console off and restart. Weird stuff, and i just tried some other demos and games and those worked just fine so i know it's not my console.
That sucks i really wanted to give it a try, it seemed worthwhile for once.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:39 PM   #271
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Damn, I absolutely love Live's moving jumpshots. Just flew off a pick from Odom, full-speed around Turiaf and sank a fading jumper along the left baseline with Kobe... naaaaasty. Looked just like some real Kobe is down to the way he kicked his right leg out.

I like the ball-handling -- it's not so goofy fast like 08 and once you get used to the anklebreaker timing, you can do some really nice stuff. I haven't had any real complaints about playing defense -- most of the shots that I challenged well (guy didn't pull his arms back to avoid foul, etc.) didn't go in.

Only funky shot so far was a 3 by Rondo as the clock wound down... nothing too bad, but it was kinda challenged. I'm very happy with it after playing a lot of Live 08 the past month or so. The speed feels much better to me, the rebounding is WAY WAY better, and I'm loving the new gameplay features. The lockon doesn't even need the L-trigger, by the way -- just stand in front of your man and it'll engage. The L-trigger is just for Team Play and whatnot and will pull you towards the man you're supposed to be guarding -- helps if you get caught on a bad switch or you just can't tell who you're guarding.

Also, in case you didn't notice, they have the 'What's New' menu and it has a full run-down of the controls (complete quickstrike/anklebreaker command list) as well as explanation of how to use the new gameplay features. Very helpful -- I'm really surprised at how deep this demo is... lots of options, adjustable rules/camera, the tutorials. Great job, EA.

Yeah, some funky transitional animations are definitely still there, but compared to Live 08, this is a world of improvement. And who knows how much is just early demo build issues and what will be in the final retail... I imagine that they've smoothed things out a bit since this demo build was made.

As a 2K head who has been enjoying Live 08 offline (and OTP) for the past month and a half, I'm definitely walking into the store on the 7th with $120 in hand to get both games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 10:39 PM   #272
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13

i think the speed is just fine. wow... i'm a 2K supporter but this version of Live felt GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »