Home

NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-04-2008, 08:58 PM   #249
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here

another video here guys. this one is probably the best. the guy playing seems to try and play some tempo ball and not just try and gun it. looking forward to playing it. geez 2k have to do something and get a gameplay vid out not those crappy teaser vids.

http://www.dailymotion.com/shaft23/v...150_videogames

EDIT: actually this is CPU vs CPU so its not too bad actually. god to see the CPU's arent running and gunning!

Last edited by funkysven; 09-04-2008 at 09:01 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:59 PM   #250
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

The KG dribbles.. just go left right left right left right left right on your thumbstick. Once you get the timing you can do it endlessly
Old 09-04-2008, 08:59 PM   #251
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
MUUUCH better than Pasta's video. Although they played it poorly, more of the gameplay was shown off.

I really need to practice my Quick Strike dribbling. I think once I nail that, this game will be incredible.

Has anyone been able to pull off those dribble moves that KG was doing in the gym at the 0:27 mark?

You noticed how smooth the dribbles were during the game. Pierce had a hesitation dribble in there.

Glad someone else posted something besides Pasta. Looking forward to BehindShadow's vids.
You can do it forward and backwards. For behind the back, press away repeatedly, in rhythm. For forward, get into that animation and press left and right in rhythm on the R stick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 09:02 PM   #252
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
Ray Allen's jumper is so nice looking in this game
KDRE, see this^^ is the EXACT problem and it's what you've been getting at ironically.

That shot from Ray Allen will look EXACTLY the same no matter when you release the ball. That is what I was getting at earlier a few pages back when I released his jumper too early but it looked great AND it went in.

That's what you've been getting at and it IS a problem despite how good it looks, unfortunately.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:04 PM   #253
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Haha, messing around with that quick strike, I just did it in a game. It was pretty neat. I caught it with Lamar, went behind my back five times and then hit Kobe for an open 3. It was more And 1 than NBA, but it looked great.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:09 PM   #254
Rookie

bases1616's Arena

OVR: 5

Live 09 makes a decent effort with the cool gym feature and the player models. The gameplay is just not there yet.

Did anybody else experience pauses during gameplay and not get the smooth movement up and down the floor? I did not see anyone else mention this at all in the other posts.

Last edited by 23; 09-04-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:10 PM   #255
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
KDRE, see this^^ is the EXACT problem and it's what you've been getting at ironically.

That shot from Ray Allen will look EXACTLY the same no matter when you release the ball. That is what I was getting at earlier a few pages back when I released his jumper too early but it looked great AND it went in.

That's what you've been getting at and it IS a problem despite how good it looks, unfortunately.
Gotcha

The look of it has nothing to do with the control of the shot. It can look fine all day but the release points that are non existant makes it unenjoyable.

Seems like jumpers are more scripted than under your control, but I thought Beluba said jumpers feel much better. Maybe its different in the final, but unless thats confirmed i dont hold the hope of it.

That really is disappointing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 09:17 PM   #256
Rookie

OVR: 3

Another question, how exactly are we suppose to play defense?
I'm not really getting it, sometimes they play up close, sometimes allowing the shot, but it seemed kinda random, not really dependent on what i was pressing...or maybe it is, not sure.
Can somebody clarify that for me

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »