Home

NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-04-2008, 02:12 PM   #97
Rookie

zakarias's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here

How to make a fadeaway shot?? has released the old Y funtion.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:14 PM   #98
Pro

kwas676's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFuture4sho
Lol to the kid above. DNA is going to show up when the game comes out. There is no DNA ON the demo now get it...

Also this demo is decent at best. Live still has a long ways to go. SHooting is terrible it seems sluggish. I feel 2k is way more fluid wit the jumpshots. Presentation n music is good tho. Practice mode much better.

A few animitaions was good but overall kinda weak to me. This game will not warrant a purchase for me. 2k9 is wehre its at, im all about the gameplay n 2k has never let me down unlike the horrible live series since 99 n up lol. I was hoping live would b a challenge to 2k but its not.

Dont get me wrong tho, this game is way better then live08. At least i was able to play a few games witout turning the demo off... But they have along ways to go. I will say that im impressed with all of live features like the 5 on 5 leagues.... But im sure 2k9 will have that since we also will have the 5 on 5 n a supposedly big secret... Good effort tho Live...... Jus not on 2k Level Ya Dig
lets just talk bout the demo instead of comparing it to 2k.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:15 PM   #99
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

The presentation, graphics, and sounds feels authentic. I like the play callin system, it is easy to call, and execute the plays. The gameplay feels sluggish though. I also miss the analog for shooting from the 2k games. Its such a natural feel to use it for shooting. Im just not use to using 2 buttons for shooting and dunks. After trying out the demo i think i will just stick with 2k9. The sluggish gameplay and not having analog shooting are the deciding factors for me.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:16 PM   #100
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwas676
lets just talk bout the demo instead of comparing it to 2k.

Agree. that said. This demo is MUCH better than last years demo
Old 09-04-2008, 02:19 PM   #101
Banned

OVR: 3

Damn no demo on PSN YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 02:23 PM   #102
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

I'm glad you guys are all having fun with it, and I guess I'm the lone dissenting voice.

I think this is a very mediocre basketball game. The passing is much better than last year, but there are a host of issues that keep this from even being a debatable purchase for me. I might be in the minority on this, but I don't like the way the game looks. From my brother: "What's wrong with Kobe's face? Is it me, or do the players' legs look skinny?" My brother doesn't play sports games, and didn't even know which one this was. He has no allegiances to either game and isn't even aware of the rivalry.

There are some good things. Obviously the commentary and presentation are light years ahead of 2k. The dunking animations are improved. Not great, but improved. While I don't like having two buttons for shooting, the logic of the layup button is great. Players do exactly what shot I expect them to do, be it a reverse, a floater, around to the front of the rim, etc. The collisions feel pretty good overall and the icon passing is much better. In fact, I hope 2k has the same mechanic of holding the LB rather than having it be a timed display.

On the negative side...really there are a ton of things. Awkward animations, sluggishness, weird defensive interactions at weird times. For me, the QSA is inferior to the Isomotion system. Initiating the quick strike seems to create a little bubble that the player operates in, rather than having him interact naturally with his environment.

I have to play it some more before giving a fair and complete impression, but after a few games the Live franchise still seems more than a year behind 2k.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:25 PM   #103
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

Thanks for the impressions guys! Keep them coming!
Old 09-04-2008, 02:26 PM   #104
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFuture4sho
Lol to the kid above. DNA is going to show up when the game comes out. There is no DNA ON the demo now get it...
There is DNA in the game. Don't smart off to me when you have no idea what you're talking about. What do you think the numbers to go to each side, the multi colored bar when it's showing the starting lineups, and the rewind is for? I guess the section under where you select your teams that says TEAM DNA and changes whenever you change you game to an NBA Rewind game is just there for the hell of it? And each player having their individual PLAYER DNA when you are setting your starting lineups is just there for it's health too? Come on man, use your brain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »