Home

NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-04-2008, 11:20 AM   #57
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: ***NBA Live 09 Demo Impressions Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmoney2002
Wooooow Live demo out already?!? EA is serious this year...

Sage, you said the animations are smooth for the most part. I'm wondering about the jumpshot transition animation(from a stand still jumpshot or a jumpshot off the dribble). It seemed a bit slow and quirky in some of the videos I've seen. Not very fluid at all.

How are these in the demo?
The jumpshots feel pretty good. Some players smoother than others but thats how its supposed to be IMO.

I think the CPU makes waaaay too many shots tho. I know I'm playing the celtics but damn, some of the shots are just rediculous that go in, lol.

Also the game has some really bad clipping issues. I hope this is taken care of in the final release.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 09-04-2008, 11:27 AM   #58
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: 360 demo now on marketplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
sweet, I keep saying the crowd looks great from the vids tat are out, I think it looks like the best crowd in a sports game. I hope it's aviaible for the ps3 TODAY! I got a Giants game to watch tonight.
Hey man, where did you get that picture of the Miami player? I made that for my NCAA dynasty last year. Pretty cool.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:37 AM   #59
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Sage, lol after last night i know you're happy

Jumpshots - do they feel like they have actual release points now?

Are you still bouldering players out of the way when you go up for a layup or dunk?
Old 09-04-2008, 11:45 AM   #60
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDRE_OS
Sage, lol after last night i know you're happy

Jumpshots - do they feel like they have actual release points now?

Are you still bouldering players out of the way when you go up for a layup or dunk?
The jumpers feel good, but I still don't feel like they have a release point now thet I've played more. It seems like no matter when you release the button the same animation will play. They do have a little icon to tell you when the release point is in the practice gym, but the same animation plays no matter how early or late you release the button.

They have some pretty nice contact animations, but the clipping rears it's ugly head as well. I'd say it's a mixed bag. I don't know if I really really like the game, or if I'm enjoying it because this is the 1st NBA game of the season I'm playing, lol.

As of right now, I am picking this game up. The demo has me interested enough to warrant a purchase.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 09-04-2008, 11:45 AM   #61
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here

I've played NBA Live 08 so much that its not even funny. i edited the game for over 3 months so i know what NBA live 08 had as issues. with that knowledge going into the demo i'd like to say that they've addressed some of the game flow problems and some of the animation problems as well. in a way it feels different enough and good enough to play without having to tweak too much as a user. however the DNA thing might make it physically impossible to do such editing and might render the game stuck where it's at gameplay wise.

the sliders ARE there and i have no doubt we can try it out all over again.

that said like 08 09 is about a 50 percent improvement and that's nothing to scough at. it's something that i knew NBA Live 09 could achieve with it's engine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 11:48 AM   #62
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

Re: ***NBA Live 09 Demo Impressions Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
The game overall still has some issues, but I think it might be solid enough to warrant a purchase this year.

The game feels slow and sluggish at times, but the animations for the most part are done very well.

The games I've played the AI has made too many shots. Rondo made a half court heave, and Ray Allen made a fadeaway three, lol.

It does feel like basketball this year tho, and I think it's worth a pickup this year. With that said, I still feel 2k9 will be better.

If anyone's a critic it's you but i'm happy you're harsh on it because seeing your opinion of the game hopefully might turn some other heads into being semi pleased with another Basketball game.

it's always cool to have the choice to go back n forth with a sports game by different dev's. sad madden can't have that...this year we have truly a good situ on our hands with NBA live 09 and possibly NBA 2k9
Old 09-04-2008, 11:49 AM   #63
yellow

23's Arena

Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here

IMO 08 wasnt worth 60 bucks, especially without tweaks

What do you get a feel for this time? For guys that havent played Live every year
Old 09-04-2008, 11:51 AM   #64
Pro

OVR: 3
First of all. I only played two games, and I liked what I saw. Better than I expected.

I really don't understand people talking about the the flow of animations in 2k8. I used to love that game, but flow? I had so many problems with the movement of my players that I had to stop playing it. So unreal. And then, you complain about this NBA Live 09...

Didn't have any problem with CPU blocks. In two games I just saw one block (made by me), and the ref called a foul. Maybe it's the way you play the game...

I'm with Sage in the CPU making lots of shots. But I think we have to learn to use the defense.

The problem I see is people trying to play NBA Live like if it was 2k, and both are complete concepts of basketball. I like both.

I don't want to make the post huge, and I don't express my impressions cause its hard for me doing it in english, but I like the way Live is looking this year, and I think its a fresh and fun basketball videogame.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »