Home

NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3

This is a discussion on NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here 360 & PS3 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-04-2008, 10:18 AM   #49
Rookie

tmac55's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: ***NBA Live 09 Demo Impressions Thread***

I was one of the people that jumped on NBA Live and I fell victim to the hype before exchanging it for NBA 2k8..

Now, I have to say, kuods to EA for really stepping up their game and making nba live 09 a better product. The animations flow much better, though from time to time a guy may seem out of place. I do like the improved passing system and the play calling is excellent.

Graphics are top notch and I love the commentary. I know this can be fixed by sliders, but to me the rebounding seems a bit off on the offensive end. However, it could just be team based skills. For example, while playing with the Celtics, I noticed Perkins and Garnett were always fighting for the ball underneath and if I was controlling Garnett, Perkins would be going for it too. However, I felt as the Lakers, it was tough to get offensive boards as Bynum was the only one out for them and Gasol was not to be found due to his shots etc. Now this makes me see how their DNA works and I also think it probably changes team to team and maybe isn't that big of an issue afterall

Overall, loving the game and well done EA.. Will Play around with it some more later on today

Old 09-04-2008, 10:29 AM   #50
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Thanks for the info man. Im glad the passes are less floaty, it had no where to go but up..... LOL.
So very true

Quote:
Can you "charge up" the pass button for quick little touch pass ?? For example can you hold down the pass button and just let it go for a touch pass when the ball hits your hands or do you have to wait until the pass hits your hands until you can hit the pass button ?? ( Hopefully, that made sense)

It doesn't feel that way, I tried many times to do so, and at least to me they feel all the same. This was also only on the perimeter that I really tried to create different speeds of passes.

Really, my biggest gripe so far is something you mentioned. It seems like if you shoot anywhere outside 9-10 feet and beyond......it's either a clean make(nothing but net) or it bounces off the rim for a miss.

10 feet and in, I have seen balls bounce off and go in, with a decent amount of variation.

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 09-04-2008 at 10:32 AM.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:33 AM   #51
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

The game overall still has some issues, but I think it might be solid enough to warrant a purchase this year.

The game feels slow and sluggish at times, but the animations for the most part are done very well.

The games I've played the AI has made too many shots. Rondo made a half court heave, and Ray Allen made a fadeaway three, lol.

It does feel like basketball this year tho, and I think it's worth a pickup this year. With that said, I still feel 2k9 will be better.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 10:46 AM   #52
Thats Pretty Funny

Gmoney2002's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
The game overall still has some issues, but I think it might be solid enough to warrant a purchase this year.

The game feels slow and sluggish at times, but the animations for the most part are done very well.

The games I've played the AI has made too many shots. Rondo made a half court heave, and Ray Allen made a fadeaway three, lol.

It does feel like basketball this year tho, and I think it's worth a pickup this year. With that said, I still feel 2k9 will be better.
Wooooow Live demo out already?!? EA is serious this year...

Sage, you said the animations are smooth for the most part. I'm wondering about the jumpshot transition animation(from a stand still jumpshot or a jumpshot off the dribble). It seemed a bit slow and quirky in some of the videos I've seen. Not very fluid at all.

How are these in the demo?
Old 09-04-2008, 10:47 AM   #53
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Two fade away threes by Fisher in a row. In fact, in the 10 little 4 minute games I've played, Fisher has taken more shots than anyone.

This might just be the demo, but the game skips a lot. I see it in the video and hear it in the audio.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 09-04-2008, 10:48 AM   #54
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

See.....I dont mind the "sluggish" game play. I like when the game is slowed down a bit (both speed and gameplay wise). It's much better than having the the "super spin move" from like live 05 to 07 where it was actually faster to spin down the court rather than sprint !!! Those days were scary.

EA actually fixed this last year in 08 though. That REALLY had to be toned down, it was a game killer.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:00 AM   #55
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34
So very true

It doesn't feel that way, I tried many times to do so, and at least to me they feel all the same. This was also only on the perimeter that I really tried to create different speeds of passes.

Really, my biggest gripe so far is something you mentioned. It seems like if you shoot anywhere outside 9-10 feet and beyond......it's either a clean make(nothing but net) or it bounces off the rim for a miss.

10 feet and in, I have seen balls bounce off and go in, with a decent amount of variation.
In regards to the rim iteraction with jumpshots, if I remember correctly in one of the 2k demo's maybe 2k7......they didnt add all of them until the retail version of the game. I'm probably wrong and thats how the final version of Live 09 will be in regards to this issue but you never know ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2008, 11:16 AM   #56
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: NBA Live 09 Demo Released, Impressions Here

Well I'll be patiently waiting for tomorrow for the Live demo... If not, another week could wait.... Well... IT COULDNT. Im so thirsty of a new basketball game I mean REALLY.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »