Home

NHL 09 Fridays: Community Questions #3

This is a discussion on NHL 09 Fridays: Community Questions #3 within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-26-2008, 06:45 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NHL 09 Fridays: Community Questions #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I'm just saying the, "well it's hard to develop on PS3" argument is very tired, don't let developers and publishers keep using it. These major third parties know what they're in for at this point.
Just from my experience as a professional programmer, I've always found that the first time you try something in an unfamiliar environment, the odds of issues arising are much much higher than usual.

Agree to disagree on this, I suppose.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2008, 07:16 PM   #26
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellix1
Just from my experience as a professional programmer, I've always found that the first time you try something in an unfamiliar environment, the odds of issues arising are much much higher than usual.

Agree to disagree on this, I suppose.
F U I say, F U!
Old 08-26-2008, 11:24 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
F U I say, F U!
no u
Old 08-27-2008, 06:50 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 6
Hmm, I'd hadn't visited EASportsWorld Beta for about a year...not since it had all those server problems back on the Tiger Woods 08 launch. Looks good now. YouTube seems a little easier to share on, but I can see why they'd want to reinvent the wheel for their own games. At least I won't have to film my TV with my digital camera anymore...

I agree with rellix that the NHL custom music feature is probably more specific than simply custom background music. Who knows, Sony may not even have prepared for such a thing in their software. Hopefully EA is bugging them everyday for support for this type of feature if that's what the problem is, as it should be standard across all sports games. Ideally, you should be able to map a "penalty" or "home goal" to a folder or playlist of songs, and not just one song per event. That way you don't get sick of a single song. Basically like how the old PC versions used to work.

Hopefully they patch it, like most other PS3-savvy developers are doing. I realize EA isn't big on patches, but this could be the year they step up. Why get an 8/10 rating, when you can get 10/10. The Burnout guys are the gold standard for how to do multi-platform development. Basically you set your goal of 60fps on all platforms, and then don't rest until you get there, finding every single bit of power/features on all systems in the process. They even cranked out a PC version after all that, which nobody expected. Best dev team ever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »