Home

NHL 09 Fridays: Community Questions #2

This is a discussion on NHL 09 Fridays: Community Questions #2 within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-17-2008, 02:19 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 31
Boy I sure hope he likes his 2k9 when he's spending more time altering rosters than playing since the cpu loves to trade superstars like Ovechkin 3 times a season, thats so sim let me tell you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 02:35 PM   #26
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
You can control all teams and their rosters in NHL 2K9, this is true -- I did ask when I was there at 2K on Friday. But you seemed to already know that.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:26 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: NHL 09 Fridays: Community Questions #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
You can control all teams and their rosters in NHL 2K9, this is true -- I did ask when I was there at 2K on Friday. But you seemed to already know that.
Yep they never took it out Chase its always been that way to my knowlegde starting with the original 2k on dreamcast.
Not to get off topic but 2k always adds onto their games without removing basic functions from last gen but thats why tons of options are important for the gamers and game company as it will then have a better chance to please all gamers Sim and arcade a like.

realmk to correct your trade ? The CPU doesnt trade Alex OVech 3 times a year as YOU can CONTROL ALL ROSTERS , EVERYTHING equipment edits, injuries, trades, in 2K YOU and not the cpu CONTROL ALL TRANSACTIONS which gives you REAL NHL ROSTERS throughout the season if YOU desire.
Not to mention you then can play all games in season and playoffs too (playoff Beards included !).
This is my last post here but I thought I would answer your questions to me , but you can pm me if you have any more ? as I dont wanna be a distraction take care ST.PAT

Chase thanks again for the straight info in helping me make my choice this year

Last edited by SaintPatrick33; 08-18-2008 at 08:31 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:32 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 9

here's the best solution for 2009: buy nhl 09 then also dust off your ps2 and buy a copy of 2k3 for a dollar if you don't already have it. there you go, it's the best of both worlds.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:02 PM   #29
Rookie

buzzguy's Arena

OVR: 12
I'm not for "total team control" (seems pointless, since in dynasty mode, you expect the other teams to follow their "own" agenda"), so the improvements noted make sense to me. I'm cool with what EA Canada is doing, as long as the fix the "online roster download bug". That was my biggest beef last year.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:33 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
PS when I spoke with these developers at the showcase, they were adamant that next year they wanted to really focus on Dynasty. Priorities clearly were gameplay, online, and be a pro this time around so yea, some things took a bit of a backseat.
Good to hear Chase....slide them a fifty and tell them to bring back PLAYOFFS mode!!
Old 08-18-2008, 03:40 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzguy
I'm not for "total team control" (seems pointless, since in dynasty mode, you expect the other teams to follow their "own" agenda"), so the improvements noted make sense to me. I'm cool with what EA Canada is doing, as long as the fix the "online roster download bug". That was my biggest beef last year.
Thats why most of us want a season mode just like MLB 08 The Show has....but until then having trades off etc is the next best thing if you want to update things on your own.

Playoff mode is what i want more than anything...but yeah the roster DL thing fixed for online would be nice too..and more roster updates online more often would be very good...

Waiting all year for a decent goalie for the Coyotes was a bummer last year!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »