Home

NHL 09 Fridays: Community Questions #2

This is a discussion on NHL 09 Fridays: Community Questions #2 within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-16-2008, 02:13 PM   #17
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NHL 09 Fridays: Community Questions #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
Please talk about never learning or taking time with the game. As I recall EA's game didn't have individual sliders and 2k had sliders for everything you could imagine and yes they did effect the game and I know because I'm still playing it which you never did.
Get your facts straight before you try to make an assumption. I bought 2k8 day of release and still do play it from time to time. 08 was my game of choice last year, plain and simple. And I've been tweaking sliders in the 2k series since 2k3, so I'm pretty familiar with what works and doesn't work in their sliders. Nice try though.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:49 PM   #18
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
PS when I spoke with these developers at the showcase, they were adamant that next year they wanted to really focus on Dynasty. Priorities clearly were gameplay, online, and be a pro this time around so yea, some things took a bit of a backseat.
I hope they follow through on that
Old 08-16-2008, 03:13 PM   #19
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
I totally think Flyermania and Eddie should just make out already. I can sense the sexual tension from here.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:18 PM   #20
MVP

Flyermania's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
I totally think Flyermania and Eddie should just make out already. I can sense the sexual tension from here.

It's a classic case of two people passionate about their games. I respect his opinions on 2k and hope that 2k9 gives him what he looks for in a hockey game. It's good we have choices...we obviously just don't agree on our game of choice.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:09 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2
The main thing I want to know about is the offline "Be A Pro" mode
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 05:44 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
PS when I spoke with these developers at the showcase, they were adamant that next year they wanted to really focus on Dynasty. Priorities clearly were gameplay, online, and be a pro this time around so yea, some things took a bit of a backseat.
Hi Chase
Once again thanks for doing this for us and I didnt mean to start a war but most here are very narrow minded and always try to make into 2k or ea as I just want the best game for me and I think having all types of options , sliders ect does that.
I am typing this while playing Madden 09 which I am having alot of fun with intil NHL2K9 comes out .
Unfortantly I am very passionate about realisum in a video game and not being able to keep real rosters makes nhl09 unplayable for me for 3 years straight .
Your news for 10 is incouraging so once again maybe next year I can finally get 2 realistic sim based hockey games
Well see you guys 2010.

Last edited by SaintPatrick33; 08-17-2008 at 05:46 AM.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:00 AM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintPatrick33
Hi Chase
Once again thanks for doing this for us and I didnt mean to start a war but most here are very narrow minded and always try to make into 2k or ea as I just want the best game for me and I think having all types of options , sliders ect does that.
I am typing this while playing Madden 09 which I am having alot of fun with intil NHL2K9 comes out .
Unfortantly I am very passionate about realisum in a video game and not being able to keep real rosters makes nhl09 unplayable for me for 3 years straight .
Your news for 10 is incouraging so once again maybe next year I can finally get 2 realistic sim based hockey games
Well see you guys 2010.
Saying that NHL 09 isn't a sim is laughable. I really don't understand how full roster control makes one game more sim than the other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCo-LINEBACKER-
Yes, theyre are, healthy people to, not the obese kind.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:40 AM   #24
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintPatrick33
Hi Chase
Well see you guys 2010.
Nice. I didn't mean to start anything but let me get my final shot in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »