Home

Facebreaker is EA's Most Important Title This Year

This is a discussion on Facebreaker is EA's Most Important Title This Year within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-31-2008, 12:36 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Facebreaker is EA's Most Important Title This Year

The Facebreaker demo was released today and for the first time ever, many potential fans are getting their hands on EA Freestyle's new game which could very well become Freestyle's poster boy. In his article today, Chase Becotte explains why Facebreaker is EA's most important title they are releasing this year.

Quote:
"I have been waiting to write about Facebreaker at length since E3, not because I didn’t have anything to say about the game, but because I didn’t want to just do a basic like-dislike-fact-fact-dislike preview. That’s not to say I won’t be doing that in this article to an extent (it was my sports game of the show after all), but I waited to write about this game because I truly think that Facebreaker is EA’s most important sports title this year."

Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 01:51 PM   #2
Host

bronco92's Arena

OVR: 44
Great read Chase.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:01 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 31
I'll agree nice read. Most important....umm I doubt it.....Madden their biggest money maker is.....its revenue probably drives alot of their other games...if Madden was to ever flop....alot of other EA games would stop being developed.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:54 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Facebreaker is EA's Most Important Title This Year

since fifa sells more copies than madden i dout that.....so does cod4 and those type of games.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:13 PM   #5
MVP

yamabushi's Arena

OVR: 37
Facebreaker is another EA attempt to get in on the Wii/****** cash cow market that peter moore lust after so clearly. But Im doubting theres much of a market for a mindless button masher with out mario in it.

'Big' 'Freestyle' 'Street'...etc, Changing the 'brand' wont make me think this isnt just more of the same garbage theyve been puttting out for years now. In fact its rather insulting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 03:36 PM   #6
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I just played the demo. If Facebreaker is EA's most important title, then they are in serious trouble imo. A new SSX would have been the title to launch Freestyle with.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:19 PM   #7
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
As with any new brand launch....I'd say the inagural game is always highly important. And with EA not being able to decide upon what their ****** games should be called or should be...Facebreaker is highly important to their success with the future of EA Freestyle. However, if they don't come out with quality games, EA could name the brand whatever they want and it's not gonna change the fact the games suck.
Old 07-31-2008, 05:41 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 17
Good read

This looks like something that used to go under the (BIG EA) to me.
I will say that I am an adult and have no interest in a comic book looking boxing game. I'm hoping they put as much effort into improving Fight Night.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »