Home

Why Madden Will Be Better Than NCAA

This is a discussion on Why Madden Will Be Better Than NCAA within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 07-26-2008, 08:40 PM   #73
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Why Madden Will Be Better Than NCAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
Even tho NCAA 09 has it's share of flaws, its still a really fun game. I can't see Madden 09 being more fun, not with those long play clocks and boring commentary and bland crowds. NCAA 09's commentary, even tho much of it is the same as previous years, it just flows so damn smooth this year. The crowd is finally alive and the overall atmosphere is dead on. I love it!

NCAA also has soooo many teams to choose from, and a lot more variety of talent. Also, there is a heck of a lot more plays, more fun plays at that. And the the headtracking in NCAA games has always been done better than in Madden. A running back actually turns his had up field while running lateral.

I will end up getting Madden but not until I get burned out on NCAA 09. GREAT GAME no matter what anyone says.
Well, of course it has more teams! In fact one could argue (and this one is about to) that it should have even more (along with the ability to create a few also). I am more of a pro guy, which is why I prefer Madden over NCAA, but I'd be more inclined to play if I had some options for the smaller schools that have been left out on next gen and a way to create a team of my own. I don't think I'm the only one on this either.

Anyway, I think the reason Madden will be better than NCAA is simply time. They've had more time to correct issues the community found and implement some requests. Plus, it's apparently coming out with a patch right away to catch some last second things. Not saying it will be amazing or anything, but this would be the main reason it would be better than NCAA.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:32 PM   #74
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Well, of course it has more teams! In fact one could argue (and this one is about to) that it should have even more (along with the ability to create a few also). I am more of a pro guy, which is why I prefer Madden over NCAA, but I'd be more inclined to play if I had some options for the smaller schools that have been left out on next gen and a way to create a team of my own. I don't think I'm the only one on this either.

Anyway, I think the reason Madden will be better than NCAA is simply time. They've had more time to correct issues the community found and implement some requests. Plus, it's apparently coming out with a patch right away to catch some last second things. Not saying it will be amazing or anything, but this would be the main reason it would be better than NCAA.
Your opinion and I respect it. But for me NCAA is the King of football video games. The nature of the sport just translates better to a video game. Fast gameplay with short play clocks.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:47 AM   #75
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Speaking of play clocks, anyone else catch themselves yawning sometimes waiting for your opponent to pick a play that is trying to milk the clock in Madden? I really hate that about this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2008, 04:53 PM   #76
Banned

OVR: 2
lol fistofridge
Old 07-27-2008, 08:45 PM   #77
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
Your opinion and I respect it. But for me NCAA is the King of football video games. The nature of the sport just translates better to a video game. Fast gameplay with short play clocks.
I know a lot of people who feel the same way as you. I just prefer NFL as I actually have a team I follow. If they would just reimpliment create-a-team and the 1AA schools, there wouldn't even be a discussion...lol
Old 07-28-2008, 10:07 AM   #78
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13
Madden may very well end up being better than NCAA, but this article gives pretty vague and generic reasons as to why that would be? Things like "more even teams" have been a factor since we got Bill Walsh CF in 1995, why pretend like they're suddenly going to become a huge factor now?

Also, I reject the "NCAA as beta test for Madden argument". While it might be the case that the dynasty problems with EA's online servers might have prompted them to make some changes to their servers b/c of NCAA, NCAA was released in mid-July...there simply isn't enough time for EA to monitor consumer feedback and then make changes to a final build within the span of a month. And if they tried to do that, they'd probably screw up more than they fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »